Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

27 Week Bumpdate

     Sorry so late on the bumpdate.....like almost a WEEK late.  Tyson and I were out of town to Port Aransas spending some Christmas time with his family at the beach for a week.  This was me at 27 weeks and 6 days pregnant.  I took one look at the picture after it was taken and said out loud to Tyson, "Ho-ly cow!  Look how much bigger I look!"



















     At 27 weeks, Brynlee was the length of a roast or the weight of a head of cauliflower.  Basically, she weighed about 2 lbs. and was about 14.5 inches long.  At 27 weeks, baby girl is sleeping and waking at regular intervals and hiccuping.  I could tell she was hiccuping in my belly by the rhythmic movement I was feeling in my tummy.

     And so starts the New Year!  2013!  The year of Brynlee's arrival!  We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  We sure did!  Mommy and baby were TOTALLY spoiled this Christmas by family and Daddy.  Grams (my stepmom) bought Brynlee tons of cute outfits from Janie and Jack, including these super cute red espadrilles shoes to match an outfit she bought for her before we found out she was a girl.  My sister-in-law got Brynlee SUPER CUTE pink sparkly TOMS!  Both of these pairs have to be my favorite shoes she's gotten so far!



      We got Brynlee's carseat from Tyson's parents (Grammy and Oscar).  We went with the Britax brand on the carseat and stroller.  It just had overall good reviews on safety, etc.  Plus, it has a very sophisticated, sleek look that I really liked, along with it being neutral enough for Tyson to carry around in public. :-D


      Tyson spoiled me with a brand new digital camera to take pictures of our baby girl when she arrives, along with an iPhone 5.  Just when I thought all of the spoiling was over with, we get to Port Aransas, open gifts with the family, and Tyson had a surprise gift waiting for me there......a Kate Spade diaper bag!  Overall, I just felt that Brynlee and I were spoiled with such nice gifts this Christmas and I am so very grateful!

     Our time at the beach in Port Aransas was great.  We lounged around, spent some quality family time, ate some seafood, and played tennis.......or at least Tyson and his family did.  I suck so bad at tennis.  I can't consistently hit a ball with a racket, let alone OVER a net to save my life!  We tried to get out to the beach and walk around as much as possible; but, it was mostly cold and rainy while we were there, which was a total bum.  Needless to say, I got my pregnant butt out there only once to take a walk.  Got to see some dead jellyfish just chillin' on the beach!  To sum up how cold it was, here's a picture of Tyson (sorry hunny) about to play tennis in pajama bottoms with shorts over it because he didn't think to bring long pants to the beach.  Now, I just HAVE to blog this awesomeness...

Tyson and his mom in his shorts and pajamas combo, getting ready to go play some tennis!

Just stretching.

 And for the finale....

This one is my favorite.

    Now, 27 weeks of pregnancy has come and gone.  I'm now in my 28th (start of third trimester) and will be happily blogging away about my 28th week in just a couple of days!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How far along? I'm posting this at 28 weeks and 3 days, BUT the picture of me above IS a 27 week bump!  

Total weight gain/loss:  So far, I've gained 16 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight. 

Maternity clothes?  About a week and a half ago, I bought a non pregnancy sweater for 20 bucks at Target.  I just went two sizes up from my pre-pregnancy size, and VOILA!  Fits just fine!  I'm hoping to use it next winter as an oversized sweater.

Stretch marks?  None, yet.  Hopefully none, EVER!

Sleep: It wasn't awesome this week due to being in a bed that wasn't mine.  It was too soft for me, so my back ached and ached.  Plus, I was up to pee every couple of hours.  Joy...

Best moment this week:
 Brynlee moving for Nancy (my mom-in-law) and my niece (Britian).  They got to feel her!

Have you told family and friends: Of course. :)

Miss Anything?  An adult beverage!  This Christmas season was sort of torture for me as I watched everyone else enjoy their cocktails......even my husband who NEVER drinks.  I also miss my abs.  I never realized how pretty they were until I started getting a huge bump.  I can't believe I ever thought I was fat...

Symptoms: Lower back pain, but probably from that bed, my stomach feeling like it's sticking into my ribs, breathing like I ran a marathon after I walk up only a few stair steps, and the constant sensation of needing to pee!!!  I'm so OVER this!!!

Movement: She's been giving me some nice, big kicks!......right in the bladder and right up into the ribs!  One night, she was moving about and it felt like a creepy, crawly feeling.  New Year's Eve, I felt and watched my tummy bounce around.  It looks a little alien-ish.

Food cravings: None

Anything making you queasy or sick: If I eat too much, my tummy feels icky.  This pregnant belly of mine is allowing me to practice some portion control.

Have you started to show yet: I'd like to think so!

Gender prediction: Girl!

Labor Signs: Nothing.


Belly Button in or out?  
It's still at a teasing point and still slightly in.  I'm having a feeling that it won't go OUT, out.  Instead, I think it will just lie flat.

Wedding rings on or off? On.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy

Looking forward to: Getting through these last few months of pregnancy!


No comments: