Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, January 19, 2013

30 Week Bumpdate

Here we go!!!  Right into 30 weeks!  Tomorrow I'll be 31 weeks.  We'll officially be in the single digit countdown to Brynlee's arrival.  Anyways, here's me at 30 weeks and 4 days pregnant with baby girl!  Because I can't choose between which side view to show off my 30 weeks bump, I'll just post both!

Me holding up the basketball sized tummy.

Me without my hands in the way to give a better view.
This week, Brynlee weighs about 3 lbs. and is about 15.5 inches long.  Basically, she's weighs just about as much as a head of cabbage and is about the size of a Yorkie Terrier.  That Yorkie Terrier comparison cracks me up.  Apparently, her growth has slowed just for this week to focus on the growth of her brain.  It's now developing wrinkles and folds due to the growth of her brain cells.  She's also starting to shed the lanugo hair she started sprout MANY weeks back because her brain is now starting to regulate her body temperature.

Everyday, I have been taking a peek at one of Brynlee's 3D/4D ultrasound pictures and try to analyze what she'll look like when she comes out into this world.  I have one of her pictures up as my desktop background on my computer at work.  All of my students got a kick out of looking at it saying, "AWWWW" when it projected up onto the white board.  Anyways, I get to see it everyday, so I study it.  I'm thinking she definitely has my heart shaped face and cheekbones.  So far, that's how far I've gotten.

Last Monday, we had our hospital tour at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands.  It made me feel better to get in there and see exactly where we go, sign in, what to do, etc. when I go into labor, that is, if there's no scheduled c-section or induction.  HERE'S TO PRAYING THERE'S NO REASON FOR A C-SECTION AND THAT MY BODY WILL DO ITS THING AND GO INTO NATURAL LABOR WHEN IT SHOULD!  It'll still be the same procedure if a c-section or induction has to happen either way. It was also informational to find out what the hospital's procedures were with the whole labor and birthing process.  I'm going to be honest in saying that this tour did sort of scare me a little bit more when they walked our group into one of the labor and delivery rooms and were going over the process of everything.  There were some interesting things they told us that I didn't know, though.  For example, the room that I give birth in is the room that I will stay in my whole hospital stay; and, those rooms are pretty darn large, so that'll be nice!  With my experience with watching both my mom and my sister doing the whole birthing thing, they were moved into a separate room for their stay after giving birth.  Different hospitals, though.  Another procedure/routine our hospital just now implemented, which seems to be becoming quite a popular thing which I'm noticing hospitals are starting to do, is what our hospital calls the "Golden Hour."  For my sister, in a Dallas hospital, it was called "Kangaroo Care"......I think.  Anyways, Golden Hour is when everyone is out of the room for an hour after the birth and me and Brynlee will have skin to skin contact for a while, and then Brynlee and Tyson will have skin to skin contact, as well.  Can't wait to see THAT moment....Tyson with his shirt off and Brynlee resting on his chest.  So sweet.  I will have to make sure I have the camera handy for that sweet moment.

 Overall, even though it freaked me out a little more about the birthing process, it answered a lot of questions and it seems like we'll be in good hands.  Friends have been telling me that the whole labor and birthing process is not as bad as I'm picturing it, and my sister is trying to calm my fears as well.  It's just that I got to see the birth of my youngest sister, Rylee and my nephew, Braxton, and I remember it not being the most glorious, comfortable, and sexiest moment in a woman's life.  Now it's MY turn!

Now, how about that survey!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How far along? I'm writing this at 30 weeks and 6 days.

Total weight gain/loss:  Saw the doctor this past Tuesday.  I'm officially up to 20 lbs. of weight gain.  My OB says this is still excellent when she saw the panicked look on my face, and she told me I should be gaining a pound a week.  A pound a week!!!!????!!!!

Maternity clothes?  My options in my closet are becoming limited now that I'm getting a bigger belly, but I'm getting creative and making do with what I have....maternity and non-maternity.  I really don't want to fork money into maternity clothes when I'm only wearing them at this time.

Stretch marks?  None, yet.  Hopefully none, EVER!

Sleep: My sleep sucked this week, but I don't know if it's pregnancy related.  I  can't seem to go to bed at a decent time because, for some reason, my body won't go to bed even though I'm really tired.

Best moment this week:
 Well, I've been feeling quite "blah" looking these days, so I'd say the best moment this week would be getting told how beautiful I look by parents of my students and by strangers.  Old wives' tale says if you're having a girl, she steals your beauty.  I feel like Brynlee as been stealing my skin pigmentation because I feel I look so pale, washed out, and lifeless.  To be told I look beautiful warms my heart.

Have you told family and friends: There's no hiding it now! :)

Miss Anything?  This week, I was REALLY missing alcohol.  I could have really used happy hour on Friday.  Thursday and Friday at work had me super stressed because we had the writing benchmark testing in preparation for the state test coming up in April.  State tests are the most ridiculous things EVER!!!  There, you have ONE teacher's opinion.

Symptoms: Back pain and shortness of breath.  I'll be teaching and I get out of breath TEACHING!!!!  I've been wanting to sit A LOT more at work because standing for two seconds hurts my back.

Movement: Ooohhhhh boy!  I drank some Chick-fi-A lemonade on Wednesday night and it made this little girl go CRAZY hyper.  I was getting punched and jabbed while she somersaulted in my tummy.  There were a few times I thought I was going to see a foot stretch out about 5 inches away from my tummy.  It certainly FELT that way.  I felt I could feel her foot (or hand).  I probably could have held it, it was sticking out so much.  She was kicking so hard, it was sort of hurting me!

Food cravings: Fruity flavored things.

Anything making you queasy or sick: If I eat too much, I feel like my stomach is up to my throat.  I have to eat REALLY small portions these days.  I get full WAY fast, now.

Have you started to show yet: People can definitely tell I'm pregnant.

Gender prediction: No more predicting....It's a girl!

Labor Signs: Again, I can't tell if I'm having Braxton Hicks or not.  I feel at times my belly tightening, but I can't tell if that's Brynlee shifting.


Belly Button in or out?  
It's coming more and more out as the weeks roll by.

Wedding rings on or off? On.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy......tired...

Looking forward to: Getting Brynlee's nursery more organized.  I'm actually getting more anxious to just get it finished!  She'll be here before we know it! I started to organize it with the stuff we have gotten so far, but I'm needing her dresser to put some stuff in and more hangers to hang some more of her clothes.  Ideally, I want to get the whole nursery set up: crib, dresser, decor, etc.  I just it DONE.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I know how scary it can all seem, but I had to be induced (though my water broke on it's own, I needed pitocin...but after the epidural all was right with the world). You can do this. Your body was made for this and you'll kick butt! :)

Like you said...just like a wedding, nothing goes as planned, so have a general idea of what you'd like, but be open to change. Things will go so much smoother if you're calm about it. Trust me. You'll do great :)

Tyson and Reannin said...

Thanks Lauren! I just keep telling myself, "I can do this!" :)