Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, January 6, 2013

28 Week Bumpdate

      It seems like yesterday that I posted my 27 week bumpdate, basically because that was pretty much the case!  Today, I'm 29 weeks, but the picture of me below is when I was 28 weeks and 5 days pregnant.  I'm officially in my third trimester!!!!  Excuse the language, but, HOLY CRAP!!!!  I'm off the tip top of this rollercoaster ride and making my way downward now.  This just got more real.

       Personally, I think I look huge.  I feel like my bump is gravitating all the way up to my boobs!  I'm just looking round all over in my torso.  Jeez...  At least it matches my butt.

     At 28 weeks, the baby measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head down to her little cute toesis that I can't wait to kiss.  Basically, she's the length of one of those amusement park cinnamon and sugar churros.....um....YUM!!!!  She weighs about two and a quarter pounds, about the weight of a Chinese cabbage.  Her eyes are now opening and closing, and she's blinking!!!!  She has begun having rapid eye movement.  Also, her eyes have color now; but, we won't know her true hue that she'll have for the rest of her life until about 9 months when her eye color will settle.

    This week, my body was jostled and jolted around.  She's really packing on a punch these days, and she's still small enough to give it to me at all angles.  As Tyson was lying on my lap today, taking a nap, he started to laugh.  I asked him, "Did you feel her kick the back of your head?"  And he replied with a yes.

     Tyson, Brynlee, and I have a very busy next couple of weeks ahead of us.  On Tuesday, we have an appointment to get a 3D/4D ultrasound of baby girl at Baby Steps off of the Sam Houston Parkway!  So excited!  This one isn't doctor ordered, it's just for fun.  For just $140, here's what we'll get:


  • Twenty Five to Thirty minute 3D/4D imaging session
  • Four 4x6 color prints 
  • DVD video of your session set to music
  • CD with 15-30 3D still images for printing or e-mailing
  • Gender determination if desired
  • One year free access to BabyPeeks, a customized online baby website (Reg. $49.95)
  • $25 off any return visit during the current pregnancy


      Apparently, we can stream our ultrasound experience LIVE to family members, but it's an added $12 cost for them to access it.  Personally, I think this is GREAT if you have family members that live out of town and you want to share the special experience that's happening right then and there! If you're in the Houston area and are pregnant, planning to get pregnant, or wanting to get pregnant again and never got to do this, here's the Baby Steps ultrasound places' website:

http://www.babysteps4d.com/

      I'll let you know how our experience was in next week's blog.  So after Tuesday's ultrasound, this Saturday will be my baby shower that my sister and best friend are hosting for me.  Excited about that!  THEN the following week, we have the hospital tour.  Both Tyson and I are really anxious for the tour.  Talk about getting even MORE real!!!  Actually, what started this "real-ness" feeling was about a couple of days ago when Tyson and I went to the hospital to finalize our pre-registration paperwork!  Real-ness coming at us at ALL different angles my friends!

     So, I have to be honest.  I've been FREAKING OUT about the whole labor and birthing process.  I'm SO scared of what's to come... needles and being hooked up to anything and everything!  I'm scared of the epidural.  Just the thought of hunching over while they stick a nice sized needle and catheter in my spine doesn't sound too pleasing.  AND!  The fact that the catheter STAYS in there freaks me out.  That, and an IV in my hand.....having to stay there...  Oh my GOSH I'm such a baby!  All I can think of is the really uncomfortable and painful things that are going to happen before I get to hold our little miracle in my arms.  But, I just continue to tell myself to take deep breaths when the time comes because I can handle it.  Many other women before me did!

     So, I have a feeling that next week's blog is going to be full of pictures... a few of our 3D/4D ultrasound pictures, and if I'm really on top of things, maybe a few baby shower pictures.  We will see, we will see!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How far along? I'm posting this at 29 weeks exactly, but the picture above is me in my 28th week.

Total weight gain/loss:  So far, I've gained 16 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.  STRONG feeling that I'm now heavier than that now.  Ugh. :(  That's me pouting.

Maternity clothes?  I bought two items this week that WERE NOT maternity.  My baby shower dress from Forever21.  It's a shift dress so it's loose and cleverly fits my bump.  Also, I FINALLY got a new bra to fit my new preggo ta-tas.  It took me all the way up until 28 weeks of pregnancy and 28 weeks of my husband yacking in my ear about getting a new one; but, I got one!  Yes, I'll have to admit, I've been rocking my pre-pregnancy bra at a size of 34B.  Yes, I'm so ashamed because I was shoving these puppies in the bra as they were popping out like a busted can of biscuits.  Well, I got measured with my new set of twins on my chest, and I'm officially between a 32DD to 34D.  When the lady at Victoria's Secret told me this, I became shocked, gasped, and then laughed really hard because I can't believe I have been shoving these suckers in my old size 34B bra.  So embarrassed.

Stretch marks?  None, yet.  Hopefully none, EVER!

Sleep: It's getting a little more uncomfy.  My hips ache from having only two sleeping position choices.....on my right side or on my left.  Since my body is heavier, it's putting pressure on my hips, which causes them to hurt and me to toss and turn.  C'mon body pillow!  You're supposed to work with me here.  Middle of the night bathroom breaks are definitely more frequent now.

Best moment this week:
 Getting a lot of things handled....pre-registration paperwork FINISHED, set up a 3D/4D ultrasound, and got my baby shower dress that I thought would be a gigantic pain in my butt.  I wasn't finding any maternity ones online that I liked that looked girly, fashionable, and elegant enough for my tastes.  Girly in the sense that I'm having a GIRL and all the dresses were either BLUE or dark, drab colors.  I just wanted something soft, flowly, and "Hey!  I'm having a girl!" looking.  

Have you told family and friends: There's no hiding it now! :)

Miss Anything?  Not being so freaked out about the food I'm putting in my body in making sure Brynlee's getting enough nutrients, or I'm not putting something cruddy in my body that will hurt her.

Symptoms: Oooohhhh boy.  Lower back pain has been a biggy this week, for sure!  Having trouble standing for a while.  Other symptoms are including waddling when I walk and constant bladder pressure.  Like I told Tyson this week, this little miracles doesn't FEEL like a little miracle.

Movement: Punching me and doing this creepy crawly walking feeling in my belly.  I'll feel it at night when I'm trying to sleep, but I LOVE every move she makes!  I just laugh and smile.  I also get this "sticking" feeling in my ribs.  Hard to describe.  A couple of nights ago, I was resting a book on my belly and reading it.  I just sat there and watched it bounce.  Let's just say I did more watching than reading.

Food cravings: FRUIT!!!!!  

Anything making you queasy or sick: Overall, I was fine this week up until this very moment. I just made baked shrimp spring rolls and pulled them out of the oven.  The smell of the mix of garlic, shrimp, and ginger are making me nauseous.  Contemplating if I even want to eat one.

Have you started to show yet: Yep!  I'm closing in on becoming a house!....And I SERIOUSLY still have 11 weeks to go!?!?!

Gender prediction: Girl!

Labor Signs: Nothing.


Belly Button in or out?  
It's still at a teasing point and still slightly in. 

Wedding rings on or off? On.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy

Looking forward to: The ultrasound and my baby shower!


No comments: