Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, January 28, 2013

31 Week Bumpdate

Again, I'm posting this blog a little late.  I was busy over the weekend, PLUS I ended up getting slightly sick, so I had to muster up the energy to get off the couch to type this up.  Here's my preggo self at 31 weeks and 4 days!  Sorry, the cardigan is sort of blocking half the bump.


This week, or should I say this PAST week, Brynlee was about 16 inches long head to heels and weighed around 3.3 pounds.  According to babycenter.com, that's like carrying 4 navel oranges.  Baby Brynlee is supposed to continue to fatten up and dewrinkle!

So, this whole, "Your immune system isn't as awesome when you're pregnant" thing is such a bugger!  This is the second time I've been sick in a 4 month period, which is not like me.  I think I have a minor cold right now, and it's freaking me out!  I don't like being sick while pregnant.  I feel like I'm hurting our baby girl.  Plus, there's not really a whole bunch of medicines I can take; and with the few that I CAN, I'm too afraid to take them because I don't even want to take the slightest chance in possibly hurting Brynlee.  Even then, the meds I'm allowed to take are pathetic and don't do CRAP for me, so I'd rather not take it if my body normally doesn't respond to those meds.  All I have to say is that I'm sick of being SICK!

Also, this week, I feel like I connected more with Brynlee, rubbing on my tummy and talking to her all while thinking I can't wait to meet her.  She did some weird jolt when I laughed really hard at a show or movie I was watching.  I don't know if I scared her unexpectedly, or woke her up.  But, it made me laugh, so I started talking to her.  Of course, as soon as I start talking to her in my baby-ish voice, my white fluffy dog, Precious, comes running over thinking I'm talking to her.  Poor thing.  What is she going to do when I'm cooing at the baby when she's here?

Moving right along to the weekly survey now because I'm still not feeling well enough to sit at this computer and type.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How far along? Well, I'm 32 weeks and 1 day RIGHT NOW, but the picture above is when I was in my 31st week.

Total weight gain/loss:  Up 20 lbs. from pre-pregnancy.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.  Let's see, then, how much more I've gained.  I'm supposed to be gaining 1 lb. a week....GULP!!!  Officially going to the OB every 2 weeks!

Maternity clothes?  My husband's boxers have officially become the best "maternity" pajama shorts to date.

Stretch marks?  None, yet.  Hopefully none, EVER!

Sleep: I can't fall into a good, deep sleep.  I wake up every morning feeling like I've been hit by a truck.  Although, it hasn't been THAT awful.  The stories I'd hear from other women or in the books talk about how you just can't get comfortable, the baby kicks you and keeps you up, blah-de-blah...  Well, THANKFULLY, Brynlee DOESN'T wake me up or keep me up at night.  I don't even know if she's kicking in there at night.  If she IS kicking around in there, those kicks sure aren't strong enough to wake me up or keep me up.

Best moment this week:
 Okay, so I'll have to admit, Brynlee hiccuping inside my tummy is more annoying than cute to me.  When she hiccups, I'm like, "Here we go again!"  HOWEVER!!!....Friday, her head must have been up towards my ribs for a period of time, because I felt her hiccuping there, and thought it was super cute for some reason.  Usually when she's hiccuping, it's down low and I don't find it so cute.  Another best moment this week......WE ORDERED BRYNLEE'S NURSERY FURNITURE!!!  Whew!!!  One thing to check off my gigantic list of things to do.  Oh!  And ANOTHER best moment.....Tyson calling Brynlee "Brynlee Bear."  I thought it was cute.

Have you told family and friends: There's no hiding it now! :)

Miss Anything?  My Chevy Camaro 2SS.  Man, I miss that thing!!!  As soon as we found out we were pregnant, that made Tyson run for a dealership quicker than you could say, "Baby."  We needed to get me into more of a "mommy car," so we did.  We got me into a GMC Acadia.  I must admit though, I LOVE my Acadia and all of the room, but I miss the speed and power of my Camaro.  I can't just "floor it" and take off like I did in the Camaro.  Now, if I "floor it" in the Acadia, it's a complete joke.  Don't get me started on the sound of the engine compared to the Camaro.  The Acadia definitely sounds like a mom car.

Symptoms: Back pain, shortness of breath, achiness in the belly...  Can barely eat anything without feeling like I'm so full and miserable and just might have it come back up.

Movement: She's definitely still moving, punching, kicking, and hiccuping in there!  All reassuring to mommy that she's alive!

Food cravings: Chick-fil-A lemonade and citrus fruits.  I don't even know if you'd call the lemonade a craving.  Ever since I had my first cup of Chick-fil-A's lemonade when I was early in my pregnancy, I've been addicted.  I don't think this "craving" will go away even AFTER the pregnancy.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Again, if I eat too much.  Also, sometimes when I sit down and if I'm hunched over, I'll feel a little sick to my stomach because I don't have a lot of room and it shoves the baby up into it.

Have you started to show yet: People can definitely tell I'm pregnant.

Gender prediction: No more predicting....It's a girl!

Labor Signs: I think I HAVE been having Braxton Hicks.  It just HAS to be.  But, they aren't painful.  Just a random tightening of the tummy.


Belly Button in or out?  
It's still slightly in and slightly out.  Tyson says, "I'd say it's still in, it's just holding on for dear life."

Wedding rings on or off? On.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy......tired...

Looking forward to: Getting Brynlee's nursery furniture here so we can set it up and start to decorate her nursery!


No comments: