Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, February 1, 2013

32 Week Bumpdate

Am I 32 weeks?  Yeah...I'm 32 weeks.  I'm starting to lose track of how many weeks I am these days.  Here's me at 32 weeks and 4 days pregnant.  You'll have to excuse the very dead sexy, sedated, sickly look I'm giving.  I've been sick ALL week, and am now trying to fight off a sinus infection.  I am SOOOOO congested and it makes me sleepy, especially after teaching all day.
Not holding my basketball.

Holding my basketball.
This week, the baby weighs about 3.75 lbs. and is about 16.7 inches long (about the length of a hot pair of over the knee boots!)  Right now, Brynlee continues to pack on the fat so she comes out looking all kinds of cute.  She should be in the head down position by now and is starting to become a little more cramped in there.  She is now establishing sleeping and waking cycles.

For the majority of this week, I felt great, except for this stupid cold that I've been battling since Sunday.  I didn't feel like I had a heavy baby sitting in my pelvis and enjoyed walking around a little more.  I must admit, I started liking pregnancy this week, rubbed my belly a lot, and told myself I should just enjoy this moment I have with her sitting in my tummy.  It still sucks that I feel like a fat whale trying to get myself out of bed
and /or off the couch.  That's still a challenge.  I'm just not used to having this big ol' belly sticking out in front of me, let alone this much weight.  Breathing is still pretty labored, even more labored now that I'm congested.  From this point on, I feel like I'll need to be wearing a face mask when I go to work because I don't want my students getting me sick.    I certainly DON'T want to be sick when I'm in labor and delivering!  That would be no fun.  AT.  ALL.

I had my first 2 week prenatal checkup this past Tuesday.  Nothing new they do with me at the checkup.  Just your typical weight, blood pressure, urine sample, check the heart rate, measure the height of the fundus, any questions?, awesome....you're good to go.  I have only gained one pound in 2 weeks, so I'd say that's pretty damn EXCELLENT when average is about one pound a week.  That means I only gained half a pound per week.  Yeah, yeah.... I know you can do the math. ;)

Brynlee's heart rate was 132 bmp, which stopped my heart for just a second when the nurse told me that.  To me, that was unusually low for her.  Her lowest ever was around 145 or 146.....I can't remember.  I know normal is between 110-160 bmp, so I told myself not to worry.  When my OB came in, I expressed how shocked I was to find out that her heart rate was so low compared to her old numbers.  Well, I found out something interesting that I DIDN'T know that she explained to me when I told her how low baby girl's heartbeat seemed to be....for me.  Apparently, as I approach my due date and get further along, babys' heart rates will actually drop.  It starts high early on and now it's supposed to drop.  Also, she said that we want to see her heart rate varied like it has been.  That is a good sign that she's getting plenty of oxygen to her brain.  HALLELUJAH to THAT!!!  Now that's news that a new mama WANTS to hear.  In the end, her heartbeat sounded strong and beautiful as usual.  So, overall, all was good and great at my appointment   I see the doctor in 2 more weeks, and then one more 2 week appointment after that, and then we're on the week by week countdown.  I know it's just going to fly.

Now for that weekly survey!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How far along? I'm posting this as 32 weeks and 5 days preggy!

Total weight gain/loss:  Up 21 lbs. from pre-pregnancy. 

Maternity clothes?  Nothing else so far!  Still rockin' my husband's boxers he no longer wants (or I've stolen from him) at night for pajamas.

Stretch marks?  None, yet.  Hopefully none, EVER!

Sleep: It sucked this week due to this silly cold.  BLLLLAAAAHHHH!!!

Best moment this week:
 Feeling good and enjoying my pregnancy.  Who would have thought I would enjoy it more LATER in my pregnancy than earlier on???  Let's see if this feeling changes next week.

Have you told family and friends: There's no hiding it now! :)

Miss Anything?  Being able to CONFIDENTLY take meds without feeling guilty if I'm hurting the baby.  First off, I'm NOT a medicine person.  Most of the time I will just suck it up and suffer.  Ask my husband.  He thinks I'm the biggest pain in the ass when I refuse medicine to "make me feel better."  Sometimes, it just makes me feel worse, and I rather let my immune system fight it (because it's its job) unless I'm just on my death bed or if it an absolute necessity.  This week, I DID need something so I could sleep and function SOMEWHAT at work, so I hesitantly took Benadryl   It IS an approved preggo medicine, but I felt so, so, SO guilty and selfish taking it.  Let's just say I monitored Brynlee's movements for 24 hours trying to feel if I had drugged her or not.

Symptoms: I didn't have much back pain this week....SURPRISE!  Hmmm...I felt good in my pelvis and had barely any back pain......she must have been lying or sitting in some position that gave me SOME relief.

Movement: I didn't get any violent belly shakes this week, just a few rib jabs.  I think she was just being nice to mommy knowing I wasn't feeling well...............or, she was sedated with Benadryl I took on Tuesday....

Food cravings: Nothing.  I haven't been feeling well.  I had to FORCE myself to eat this week.  I kept telling myself, "This is for the baby.  I don't care if you don't have an appetite.  You HAVE to eat for the baby."

Anything making you queasy or sick: If I was feeling queasy, it wasn't from the baby.  It was from nasal drainage.  I know....Yummy!

Have you started to show yet: Getting bigger by the week.

Gender prediction: No more predicting!  100% GIRL!

Labor Signs: Maybe Braxton Hicks????  You'd think I'd be able to figure this out...


Belly Button in or out?  Still slightly in and out; and as quoted by my husband last week, "Holding on for dear life."


Wedding rings on or off? On.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy about baby.  Moody about being sick for the umph-teenth time.

Looking forward to: Brynlee's crib and glider came in today, so I'm looking forward to getting that put together and in her room.  Her dresser should be here next week!

No comments: