Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, January 13, 2013

29 Week Bumpdate

      Well, here I am typing this, just finishing up my 29th week of pregnancy and moving on to 30.  Here's me at 29 weeks and 4 days preggers.


          At 29 weeks, Brynlee weighed about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds, like a butternut squash, and was a little over 15 inches in length from head to heels, like the length of a loaf of bread.  She's packing on more fat and filling out.  Muscles and lungs are maturing, and her head is getting bigger to make room for that ever growing brain.  Her brain can now control her body temperature and breathing, and her sucking abilities have perfected.  I'd DEFINITELY say YES to that!  We saw her sucking abilities on the 3D/4D ultrasound we had this past Tuesday.

       And that leads me into our experience with the 3D/4D ultraound...IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!  Here are a few things we learned about Brynlee:

She's already growing hair!
She's fun and entertaining.
She's more than likely going to be a pacifier baby because she mouths EVERYTHING.
She's good with her hands, grabs everything, and will be finding her thumb in no time once out of the womb.
She's already squished in my tummy.

      Here's just a sneak preview of what she's looking like in the womb before I give you a link to the rest of the pictures.  Actually, I'll do a before and after 3D/4D ultrasound picture to compare:


BEFORE (18 WEEKS)


AFTER (29 WEEKS)

      She has changed SO much in her appearance.  We walked in, I lied down on the table, and as soon as the wand hit my belly, we found her girl parts and confirmed for the one hundred fiftieth time that she's DEFNITELY a girl.  See...


    That white arrow is pointing to the three white lines that screams GIRL!  The ultrasound tech goes, "Well, you're still having a girl!  So now I can breathe and rest assured that I won't have to be returning all the girly stuff we've gotten so far.  So, as the lady is moving the wand around, we found Brynlee ALL kinds of contorted and rolled in a tight ball.  Her feet and hands were covering her face, her head was turned into the placenta, and she was sort of snoozing in there, so the lady shook my belly vigorously to get her to move and wake up a little.  Well, it worked.  Brynlee woke up and started grabbing for her umbilical cord and gnawing on it like it was food.  She kept mouthing on EVERYTHING within reach.  The ultrasound tech laughed and said, "When's the last time you ate?  She's hungry."  That's when it broke my heart to see my little girl mouthing everything, knowing she was hungry.  It had been almost 4 hours since I had last ate.  Poor baby.  Mama is horrible.  Once she lost the umbilical cord, she'd turn her head to gnaw on the placenta.  Then, she found her foot, started to mouth that, didn't seem to like it, pucked, and made a sour face like, "Ew!  Gross!"  The tech and I laughed so hard because it was absolutely adorable.

     We got to see Brynlee's eyes open in the ultraound.  It was SO COOL.....to me.  Here's a picture with her eyes open:


   That's her arm and hand going across her cheek and chest, and that's her foot up to her mouth.  Like I said, she's ALL kinds of contorted.  We had to keep shaking her a lot to move all of these parts away from her face.  Here's a few pictures of her showing us that she doesn't like being shaken around:



 
     What a little temper!  The last one is funny because it looks like she's holding her breath.  HA!

     The tech seemed to love her, laughing and giggling the whole time she was moving the wand around.  She took about 80 pictures.  She said that on average, other women get about 25 because the baby is either uncooperative, not doing much, or things are in front of its face.  At the end of the session, she told us congratulations and be ready because we have a fun baby on our hands.

     Here's the link to the album with ALL 80 of the ultrasound photos taken:


     This Saturday was also Brynlee's baby shower at my parents' house with just close friends and family.  Brynlee was COMPLETELY spoiled with SO MANY clothes and onsies.  All of them were ADORABLE!  We were able to get her Britax B-Agile stroller to go with her carseat.  Now the whole travel system is complete and we're set to go!  We got her pack and play, high chair, some room decor (INCLUDING A CHANDELIER!!!), etc.  Brynlee is already so spoiled.  Now, I just have to get in her room and start organizing everything.  Time to get that room ready!

      Here's just a sneak peek of Brynlee's shower:







Dress is from Forever21!  I pulled it off, not wearing maternity!

     Here's the link to Brynlee's baby shower:



   And now for your weekly survey!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How far along? I'm posting this at 30 weeks exactly, but the picture above is me in my 29th week.

Total weight gain/loss:  So far, I've gained 16 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.  This upcoming Tuesday is another prenatal appointment.  We will see how much I've gained in 4 weeks!

Maternity clothes?  Didn't buy anything at all.

Stretch marks?  None, yet.  Hopefully none, EVER!

Sleep: Uncomfy at times.  It wasn't horrible this week.  Hips still ache from having to lie on my side with this weight sitting on them.  Middle of the night potty breaks interrupts sleep.

Best moment this week:
 The 3D/4D ultrasound and my baby shower!

Have you told family and friends: There's no hiding it now! :)

Miss Anything? An adult beverage  BUT!  Friends of mine bought me non-alcoholic wine and a "Mommy's Sippy Cup" wine glass as a baby shower present!  I laughed so hard and got giddy when I saw these!

Symptoms: Lower back pain, but it wasn't really that bad this week, and frequent potty breaks.

Movement: Moving around so hard that I feel like she's shaking my whole body!

Food cravings: Snapple fruit drinks.   Not really a CRAVING, craving, but more of a, "It just sounds really good to me," kind of thing.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope

Have you started to show yet: Still showing, and people have been making me feel good by telling me how tiny I still look.

Gender prediction: We were once again confirmed that Brynlee's STILL A GIRL!!! :)  Happy, pappy mommy right here!

Labor Signs: I've been reading in my books that Braxton Hicks should be becoming more frequent now.  I still can't tell the difference if I'm having Braxton Hicks or if Brynlee is just rolling and pushing out which is making my lower stomach hard at times.  Hard to tell.


Belly Button in or out?  
It's starting to come out, but it's not fully out yet.  In shirts, you can see it starting to pucker out.

Wedding rings on or off? On.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy

Looking forward to: Our hospital tour we have tomorrow!  Hopefully Tyson and I will get a lot of questions answered.  I have a feeling I'm going to be overwhelmed by the abundance of information!  Thank goodness Tyson will be there as well to be a second pair of ears and a second brain to absorb all of the info.!


No comments: