Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, December 22, 2012

26 Week Bumpdate

 

       And here's me at 26 weeks, 4 days pregnant!



















     Oh my.......baby bump!  And here's a picture of the t-shirt I am wearing.  At work, we got to wear a Christmas shirt all week.  I found this one at Target and HAD to get it for a couple of reasons.  I'll explain once you see the shirt.






















 
     It says, "Good things come in small packages!"  Here are my reasons why I had to grab and wear this shirt:  One, I'm small, so the saying fit and was cute.  Two, I have a small "package," a.k.a. Brynlee, just chill-axin' in my tummy......and it's a good thing!  HA!  I thought it was fun.  I got lots of compliments on my shirt, and everyone thought it was adorable.  Mission achieved!

     This week, baby girl is the size of a head of lettuce; and with another comparison, she's the length of a burp cloth from crown to toesis.


     Her lungs are starting to develop more while she practices breathing by swallowing the amniotic fluid.  Her eyes are now fully developed and she should be opening them within the next week or two.  Even though she's in my tummy and I won't be able to see her eyes yet, it's exciting to know that they're starting to open!  Baby girl can recognize Tyson and my voice now.  So sweet.  Brynlee should be starting to fall into sleep and awake patterns now, and I should slowly start to recognize them.

     This week marked another prenatal checkup.  I had my glucose test done to check and see if I have gestational diabetes.  Well, news came back, and I DON'T!!!  I made a joke on Facebook on Wednesday that I should celebrate with some cake.  Although I don't have gestational diabetes, the blood tests confirmed that I AM slightly anemic and will start having to take an iron pill daily.  I'll take that over gestational diabetes any day!  Otherwise, everything seemed healthy.....me and baby.  My weight gain is still going perfect, so that's always good news to my ears.  The last thing I want to be told is, "Reannin, you need to slow down."  Brynlee's heartbeat was a strong 154 bmp, again.  She seems to like that number.  It's always reassuring to hear her heartbeat every time I have an appointment.  It's the one thing I REALLY look forward to at my checkups.  I have one more appointment that I have to wait 4 weeks for.  After that, I'm down to seeing my OBGYN every 2 weeks.  We're inching closer!

     Otherwise, nothing else to highlight this week.  For Christmas we'll be spending time with my family and then the day after Christmas we'll be heading to the beach to spend time with Tyson's.  I don't know if I'll be able to have the resources to blog my 27 week bumpdate while I'm there, but we'll see.  Anyways, Tyson and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How far along? I'm posting this at 26 weeks, 6 days.  

Total weight gain/loss:  I've gained 16 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.  I looked at the scale on Tuesday as the nurse was weighing me and about near panicked!  I've NEVER had this much weight on my body before.  Kind of scary to see it on the scale.

Maternity clothes? Leggings these days are my best friend.  They're the most comfy.

Stretch marks?  None, yet.  Hopefully none, EVER!

Sleep: It wasn't awesome this week.  Up to pee in the middle of the night a couple of times, achy hips and back (even with body pillow) from being reduced to sleeping on my left or right side, and belly cramps from little, miss thang growing and stretching my uterus.......or sitting at some funny angle.

Best moment this week:
 Finding out I don't have gestational diabetes.  LET'S EAT CAKE!!!

Have you told family and friends: Of course. :)

Miss Anything?  An adult beverage and feeling...........sexy...

Symptoms: Lower abdominal pains, constant bladder pressure, interrupted sleep....  If you're reading this and are NOT pregnant or have NEVER been pregnant, I bet this is really making you want to get pregnant right now...

Movement: Kicking me in some funky places.  Last night I thought I was going to see a foot and a leg come stretching out from my side.  Where she kicks these days feel creepy and is sometimes uncomfy.

Food cravings: Nada.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing this week!

Have you started to show yet:  Having a lot of strangers ask me when I'm due, so I must be looking pregnant.  And!  I don't seem to mind them asking like some women do.  Ask away!  I get a big smile on my face when they ask.

Gender prediction: Girl!

Labor Signs: Nothing.


Belly Button in or out?  
Slowly, but surely, making its way out!  Not completely, yet.  It's like at a teasing point right now.

Wedding rings on or off? On.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy

Looking forward to: Brynlee's eyes opening in the womb.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm so happy that Brynlee is going to come into the world in about 3 months! I love you and my sweet little niece. I'll see you at the baby shower!