Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, December 9, 2012

24 Week Bumpdate

   Here's me looking 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant!


     This week, the baby is the size of an ear of corn.

     Our baby girl is growing fast!  It seems like faster than at the beginning.  According to the books, she's gained about 4 ounces in one week, putting her over a pound.  I have also learned that my uterus is the size of a soccer ball.  Interesting.

     Also this past week, I've had more people say, "NOW you're starting to show...." or "NOW you're starting to look pregnant."  I can't help but look back at previous week pictures and be like, "ARE YOU FRICKIN' KIDDING ME?!?!??!!!"  "You didn't think I looked pregnant before??!!???"  But, I know what they mean. I'm getting told by others that I look so tiny and cute; however, MY family seems to think I'm HUGE.  My stepmom thinks that I'll have a big baby.  According to her, a big baby is 7 lbs.  Seriously, mother?

     Other highlights of this week include running out of clothes to wear, Brynlee continuing her strange acrobatics that make me question what the hell she's doing to my insides, and me not being as nimble and graceful as I used to be.  Walking at a fast pace isn't do-able at the moment, as well as bending over and getting up from the couch, bed, or floor from a lying or sitting position.  I had to have Tyson untie my tennis shoes for me the other day because bending over to do it myself was just NOT going to happen.  My stomach shoves itself all up in my ribs when I try to lean over.

     I feel like my breathing is a little more labored these days, partially probably due to congestion, but also I feel like I'm heave hoeing a bunch of weight around.......and I'm not even up to my potential "BIG-NESS," yet.  Honestly, I can't help but laugh at myself every time I try to get up off the couch.  I feel like (and probably look like) the SEXIEST woman ever so elegantly THROWING and WIGGLING her legs up in the air to gain some momentum to get up.  Reaching for my glass of water on the coffee table right in front of me is also a joke.  I reach forward, get about a couple inches short of getting a good grab because the tummy is holding me back; so I'll just wiggle my fingers repeating, "Almost there," hoping the glass will magically glide itself towards my eager, open reach.  I'm slowly becoming useless and inching my way towards feeling like a beached whale.

     *Sighhhh...*  Let's just get to the weekly survey, shall we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How far along? I'm posting this at 25 weeks, actually.  I just turned 25 weeks today.  Yeah....I'm a little late on the posting.  You'll get your 25 weeks post by the end of this week.  HOWEVER!  The picture of me above IS a 24 week preggo picture! :)

Total weight gain/loss:  I've gained 12 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.  That was about 3 weeks ago. I see the doc this Thursday for another prenatal visit and to do my gestational diabetes test....BLEGH!  This number is going to change my friends.

Maternity clothes? Starting to think I need to probably grab a few new maternity shirts/sweaters since I'm rotating on about a handful of items, now.

Stretch marks?  None.  Continuing with my 
Mustela Double Action Stretch Mark Cream , hoping that will keep stretch marks at bay!  

Sleep: Passing out cold every night thanks to a job that has me working with 42 kids, 5 days a week and on my feet, walking a lot.......preggers.

Best moment this week:
 Being told that I am a very fashionable pregnant lady.  I was shopping for Christmas gifts in Market Street on Saturday, and the sales girls walked up to me, told me that they were all talking about it since I walked in, and they wanted to let me know that they give them hope that you can still dress fashionable and be cute when you're pregnant.  My response was, "HECK YEAH you can! " ;)  Of course, I also said thank you and that they were so sweet.

Have you told family and friends: Of course. :)


Miss Anything?  An adult beverage and feeling graceful

Symptoms: Lower pelvic pain, peeing a lot, congestion, feeling this weird pushy feeling all up in my diaphragm.  Oh....and feeling like I'm hauling a truck....

Movement: Doing some SERIOUS acrobatics in my tummy at times, but not consistently.  She seems to be a little more calm than she was a couple of weeks ago.

Food cravings: I didn't really crave anything this week.

Anything making you queasy or sick: This week, the motion of the car got me a few times.  I don't know what was up.  Hadn't had that since earlier in my pregnancy.

Have you started to show yet:  Apparently, I'm just NOW starting to show.  Really.....






Gender prediction: All girl!

Labor Signs: Nothing.


Belly Button in or out?  
It's slowly going from an inny to becoming a flatty.  Not quite outty, yet.  But, I give it a couple of more weeks and my belly button will be as flat as a pancake.

Wedding rings on or off? On.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: In the middle.  This week, I was just plain tired and feeling not-so maneuverable.

Looking forward to: Seeing just exactly where my body plans on putting the rest of this baby as Brynlee gets bigger.  I feel like I'm already running out of room.


No comments: