Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, December 15, 2012

25 Week Bumpdate

     So, you'll have to forgive the poor quality of the bump shot, but I had to do that dorky thing where you stand in front of a mirror and take a picture of yourself with a camera phone.............yeah......THAT!  Tyson's been working extra jobs recently, so he hasn't been home to take my picture.  So!  I took it upon myself and did it! :)  Below is my 25 week, 4 day bump!  Getting bigger by the week!  VERY interested to see what I'll look like close to 40 weeks.  I'll probably be to the point of tipping over.




     This week, little Miss Brynlee is the size of a rutabaga   But, since I had no frickin' clue what in the world a rutabaga was, I looked it up on the internet and decided that I didn't like comparing our child to a rutabaga.  That is one ugly looking veggie or fruit or WHAT EVER it is......a cross between a turnip and a piece of ginger.  So, instead, baby girl is the size of a recorder that we all used to play in music class in elementary school.  You know you played "Hot Cross Buns" over and over!  Guilty over here!!!!



     At 25 weeks, she should be about 13.5 inches long and weigh about a pound and a half!  My little hot cross bun is cooking and getting plumper by the weeks with fat starting to fill her out!  Can't wait to see if she'll have tubba wubba thighs when she's out in this world.

     Unfortunately, I caught a cold this week, a pretty good one in fact.  I hadn't had these bad of symptoms in a while.  I heard pregnant womens' immune systems aren't completely awesome, so I wonder if that didn't help much.  Symptoms started BAD Monday night, was feeling HORRIBLE Tuesday and had to leave work early; but, miraculously the worst part went away on Wednesday and I already had myself going back to work.  Leaving work early Tuesday probably helped because I rested and drank/ate the hell out of my liquids.  I have this paranoia thing where I think if I'm sick, I'm hurting the baby.  While I was sick, though, Brynlee was bouncing about in my tummy, acting like nothing was wrong, so that was reassuring.

     Over the last couple of days, I have been thinking about A LOT of things and handling some business to get ready for this baby.  One thing that I've been thinking about a lot is the whole birthing process.  I fear that I'll not know how to push properly.  I'm also thinking about needles coming at me in every which way, which freaks the s**t out of me!  I've been thinking about the whole pushing process a little more than anything.  I just hope my body knows what to do when the time comes.  Also, I've got ourselves pre-registered for the hospital and started the process of maternity leave paperwork.  Now on the list, scheduling a hospital tour for the labor and delivery area, setting up for a fun 3D/4D ultrasound because I really want one and my husband is awesome and will let me, and researching pediatricians.  Everything is starting to become more real!

     Overall, I'm feeling fine, still not as nimble.  Having to rollllllllll myself off the couch or bed because I just can't stand up quick.  Looking at my pictures, I feel I look huge now., but I still have a ways to go so it's only going to get worse from here.  Otherwise, gearing up for Christmas Break (HALLELUJAH!).  One more week of school until then.  I'm thinking after Christmas, this pregnancy is going to fly and Brynlee will be here before we know it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How far along? I'm posting this at 25 weeks, 6 days.  

Total weight gain/loss:  I've gained 12 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight since my last appointment almost 5 weeks ago.  I actually see the doctor this TUESDAY.  I totally got my dates mixed.  So, hel-lo glucola drink and gestational diabetes blood test (BARF!!!) on Tuesday.  Also, we'll get to see how much more of a chunky butt I've become.

Maternity clothes? Still needing to probably buy some shirts that are either A) bigger or B) maternity.  I saw a TON of cute stuff in Target this past week that had me wanting to BUY EVERYTHING!!!!  But, I was good and didn't get anything.  Now I'm reconsidering and want to go back and maybe snag a few tops....

Stretch marks?  None.  Continuing with my 
Mustela Double Action Stretch Mark Cream , hoping that will keep stretch marks at bay!  

Sleep: I've been getting aches in my belly or sometimes in my sides that either wake me up, or keep me up.  Also, since I have to lie on my side, the weight is putting pressure on my hips.  I'll wake up feeling aches in my hips and back and have a hard time finding a position where it'll stop aching.  Thank goodness for this amazing body pillow my sis gave me.  I probably would be a lot worse without it.

Best moment this week:
 Got another "best dressed" compliment this week at work and was told that my nickname should be Sexy Sutton because I make pregnancy look sexy with the way I dress myself.  Had me cracking up when she got to the "Sexy Sutton" part.  It's moments like these that make this pregnant lady not feel like an ugly blowfish.

Have you told family and friends: Of course. :)

Miss Anything?  An adult beverage and feeling graceful

Symptoms: Backache, peeing a lot, nasal congestion (not helped by cold).............wobbling a little when I walk.

Movement: Still moving!  Tyson had his head on my belly this morning.  Brynlee was kicking him.  Just messing with her daddy!

Food cravings: I didn't really crave anything this week.  To be honest, before I was ever pregnant, I thought that I would just have constant INTENSE cravings for things.  That hasn't been the case since I've been pregnant.  I also find myself eating less portion-size wise while pregnant, which I find interesting.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing this week!

Have you started to show yet:  I had a lot of strangers ask me this week when I'm due while I've been out Christmas shopping.  Safe to say I look pregnant.

Gender prediction: Girl!  I just love using the word "she" in my conversations when I'm talking about her.  Oh!  and "her!" Hee..hee..  I also love calling her my daughter and telling people, who ask, that it's a girl and that I'm excited.

Labor Signs: Nothing.


Belly Button in or out?  
It's starting to pop it's way through!  A little more this week.  We'll see next week.

Wedding rings on or off? On.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy

Looking forward to: Reading more about Brynlee's growth and development in my belly and seeing how much bigger my belly plans on getting.

No comments: