Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Wedding Invitations

Wedding update!

The wedding invitations have been selected, and we have finalized what will be printed and included in the invitations. The invitation lady will just have to place the order in, and we should get it within 7 business days.

We're so excited and thrilled about these invitations! They are AWESOME!!!! Totally unique, and like nothing I have ever seen. Not to be biased, but I think these are the best looking invitations I have ever seen! Hee Hee.

Tyson and I had a really great experience with the invitation lady. Her husband is a police officer also, so we had A LOT to talk about and a lot in common with our experiences as a "police officer wife." Anyways, she brought over all of her stuff to our apartment, and we had a real one-on-one experience with the lady. I was very pleased with the her invitation selection and her professionalism. There were SOOOOOOOOO many choices to choose from in the invitations. Luckily, I have been doing my research, and I had criteria for what I wanted. That would have been really REALLY hard to make a selection from the many LARGE books she had of invitation samples.

Surprisingly, Tyson was VERY involved in the invitation selection. We were torn between two (the one we ended up choosing and another fuschia and chocolate colored invitation) The one we ended up choosing was a little bit pricier than the other one, but Tyson REALLY liked it and I seemed to have stars in my eyes while repeating, "This one is so freaking cool!" so we took the plunge and made the final decision (that had me stressed by the way!)

I keep telling everyone that I can't believe that I'm so excited about PAPER, but I just fell in love with the uniqueness of the invitations.

Overall, Tyson and I are hanging in there. I have about a week left of this semester (thank god!), and Tyson is still chugging along at work. He's working a lot of extra jobs for this month, but it will all be worth it when he gets a nice little vacation at the end of December. I have forbidden him to take on ANY extra jobs during his vacation (He's notorious for picking up at least one extra job or shift on his vacation days). It's time for him to do some serious relaxing. He's just been working so hard.

The wedding website has been updated (slightly). There's nothing too important as of now. We just updated our current focus, etc., and I put a map and directions up for getting to Heather's Glen. No need for that now, but I just wanted to get it up there while it was on my mind. Our website will be printed on the R.S.V.P. cards of the invitation because I'm REALLY pushing for keeping everyone current and up-to-date on where they need to be at what time, how to get there, accomodations, registries, etc. etc. etc. This will all come slowly as we finish things one by one.

Other than that! A little over 3 months until we're married!!! It's approaching so quickly!

No comments: