Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, December 19, 2008

Wedding Stresses

I finally finish up my semester last week, and I think I'm going to get a break and be able to take care of some wedding stuff..............

But........

NOPE!!!!

I guess after 4 months of constant go, go, go.......semester stress (my biggest problem)......lack of sleep (caused by semester stress).......getting lesson plans prepared, turned in, and taught.......etc. etc. etc., my body has finally shut down. The moment I actually sit down and don't have to do a single thing, my body decides to release all that has built up. I've been SOOOOO sick for the past WEEK!!! Yeah....on the couch, no sleep....the whole shebang! I was up for 23 hours straight one day. Not fun! Basically, I have no strength, and I can't seem to muster up any to go search for florists (which was my main mission once I've started my break). All I've wanted to do is sleep on the couch with a hot bowl of soup and cup of tea.

Tyson has been my saving grace! Thank goodness for him! I've been so highly medicated that I can't seem to function or remember stuff. He's been there for me to take care of any minor errands that need to be ran, pick up my graded assignments at the college from my professors, etc. He's doing all of this on top of him working RIDICULOUS hours this month. Needless to say, it's been a week, and I'm still sick. BLAH!

So that's wedding stress number 1! I still haven't been able to search for a florist.

Here's number 2. We received our invitations through the mail a couple of days ago, and already there was a problem on the invitation. Our names weren't in the font size like we wanted in the sample. They were printed real skimpy at the top of the invitation, and that was not what we wanted. I was disappointed because the way our names would be written was one of the reasons I thought this invitation was so unique (along with the design of it of course). It wasn't the invitation lady's fault. She wrote everything to the tee of how we wanted everything printed (font, size, and position wise). I even looked over the proof before she sent it off, and all of it was correct. I believe it was a vendor error. I went ahead and emailed the sweet invitation lady, and she's going to contact the vendor to see what we can do. It's just that what was presented to us in the sample turned out not to be the same when we got our invitation. I know some people think I'm crazy, but I'm a perfectionist. Even a silly little font size has to be perfect. It's all about the details for me. Everything else about the invitations are fine. In the R.S.V.P. cards, the vendor printed the word R.S.V.P in the correct font size that our names on the invitation were supposed to be printed. For some reason, the vendor didn't do our names that way. I don't get it. But, it's hopefully going to get taken cared of.

Well, that's about it. I'll update on any new wedding information that comes about. Hopefully the next post will be a better one.

No comments: