Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, October 6, 2012

15 Week Bumpdate

     15 weeks, and not forgetting I'm pregnant now.  My tummy just keeps GROWING, and I definitely feel like there's something sitting in my pelvis!  Tyson keeps looking at my growing belly with a shocked look because he can't believe how big I'm getting (in his eyes).  This week, the baby, from crown to rump, is the size of an apple, or one Kit Kat cookie bar (non jumbo size), OR a softball.  Take your pick of what you would like to compare it to.  I'll go with a Kit Kat. ;)






This week, the baby measures about 4 inches in length from crown to rump.  He or she can:

  • Move amniotic fluid through it's nose and upper respiratory tract.
  • Legs are growing longer than the arms now.
  • Move all joints and limbs.
  • Eyelids are still fused shut; however, if you shine a flashlight on my tummy, the baby will possibly move away from it. (SO COOL!)
  • Forming taste buds for my AWESOME cooking for the future.  Okay, I don't know about awesome.
      This week, I thought about how I'm probably getting just a few weeks closer to feeling the baby move.  I took a survey on Facebook asking, "Mommies, with your first pregnancy, how many weeks were you when you first felt your baby move?"  I got so many responses!  Overall, on average, everyone seemed to feel their baby when they were between 15-17 weeks.  Well, this week, I don't THINK I felt anything.  I will admit, I was sort of anxious and really concentrating on my belly to see if I could feel anything, but nothing. :(  Sad face.  I'm hoping this upcoming week?!?!!!??

     I officially think that a pregnant teacher should have an assistant.  Walking and standing all day kind of stinks right now, and I can only imagine how much more stinky it's going to get when I get bigger.  Sitting is not an easy option in the teaching world.  Also, let's not go there with the bathroom situation.  At some moments, I feel like the baby is putting pressure on my bladder, and when I'm in the middle of teaching, or trying to manage a class, it's not that easy and convenient to just up and leave the room to go!

     Now, for survey and bump picture.  I've decided to add SYMPTOMS to the survey.




How far along? 15 weeks and 6 days

Total weight gain/loss:  According to the last doctor's appointment a few weeks ago, I've gained 4 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.


Maternity clothes? Nothing more, yet. Still haven't gotten a chance to get those maternity jeans.  Need them soon though because I'm feeling like a stuffed turkey (even with the hairband) in my pre-pregnancy ones.


Stretch marks? No


Sleep: My allergies are still pretty bad, which is keeping me up or WAKING me up at night.  I officially have resorted to sleeping with a body pillow.  My hips and back were starting to hurt from being on my side all night.


Best moment this week: Seeing my belly continue to grow!  Seeing pictures online and in the baby books of what my baby looks like right now.  It pretty much looks like a baby, now!  No more weird alien-like features.  Also, rubbing my belly and talking to it.  I know he/she probably can't hear, yet, but I feel connected and love this baby so much already!

Have you told family and friends: The word keeps spreading!


Miss Anything?  Sleeping and not feeling so stuffed up all night.  Thank you combo of hormones and allergies.  I guess I'm just getting a taste of sleeplessness for when the baby arrives!  On another note, I surprisingly didn't have cocktail withdraws this week.

Symptoms:
 I think I officially got my first taste of heartburn this week.  I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking that maybe it was.  Also, of course, the whole peeing feeling constantly.

Movement: Still nothing.  Give mommy a little flutter or pop around, little baby........Pretty please?


Food cravings: Wednesday night I was getting out of the shower, and then it hit me.  HARD!  I had a seriously BAD craving for Smoothie King's Strawberry Kiwi Breeze.  Needless to say, Tyson went and ran his first pregnancy craving errand for me.  Oh what us pregnant women do to these men!


Anything making you queasy or sick: I still get waves of nausea with my prenatals, but I'm starting to think I need to eat a GIGANTIC breakfast before I take them; because when I do, I feel better.


Have you started to show yet: For.  Sure.


Gender prediction: I keep leaning towards girl, then think boy, then I keep going more and more back to girl.  Ugh.  I just don't know!  TWO MORE WEEKS!


Labor Signs: Still early in my pregnancy, so nope! :)


Belly Button in or out?  Still in.  


Wedding rings on or off? On.  


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy

Looking forward to: Feeling this little guy or gal move annnnnnnddddd..........TWO MORE WEEKS UNTIL WE FIND OUT THE SEX!!!  I'm a WRECK and going CRAZY right now.




No comments: