Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, October 20, 2012

17 week Bumpdate

      Sing it with me!!!  Twwwwoooooo more days!!!  Twwwoooooo more days!!!  We find out if baby "S" is a BOY or a GIRL on Monday!  I'm so, so, SO, so anxious, nervous, excited all wrapped up in one!  I also can't wait to see the baby and what it looks like NOW.  The last ultrasound we had was when we were 8 weeks, and it looked like a little kidney bean.  I can't wait to see a profile of a BABY!  So, blue or pink?  What do you think?!  I've certainly been concentrating on it!


     This week, the baby is the size of an onion.  Dear baby, just a little 411 on your parents, Mommy LOVES the taste of onions, Daddy doesn't like them very much.
Our baby:
  • Is changing its soft cartilage to bone and umbilical cord is growing strong and thicker
  • Weighs 5 oz. now (about the weight of a turnip) and about 5 inches long from crown to rump
  • Can move its joints and is producing sweat glands


     I had my 3rd prenatal appointment with Dr. Hampton on Thursday.  Everything seems to be going great.  She said my weight gain is excellent, blood pressure is excellent, etc. etc.  The baby's heartbeat was 148 bmp this time.  A little bit lower than last; but, the nurse said as long as it stays above 110 and below 180, we're good!  They asked me if I've been able to feel anything, yet.  I disappointingly (is that a word??) replied, "No," with a sad face.  The nurse told me that it was okay and that it could happen anywhere from 16-22 weeks.  22 WEEKS!!!!!!!!  Mommy is impatient, little baby.  I need a wittle somethin' somethin'.  I had THOUGHT I felt a twitch the other day in the lower right hand side of my belly, but I couldn't be sure that was the baby.  I haven't felt anything obvious since then.  Wah, wah...

     I found this off of another woman's blog and I thought it was HI-LARIOUS, so I wanted to share.  It's the small things that make me burst with laughter:

Click on the picture to make it bigger.



Are you ready for baby bump time????



















Baby "S" and I got all schnazy and headed out on a night out on the town (not really) to go listen to our best friend sing in Woodlands Idol!  The competition was held at Papa's Icehouse.  It's like a bar, but not a BAR, bar.  I felt a little strange walking around, pregnant, in a somewhat bar.  But, there were other babies and children there, so I didn't feel SO weird.



































How far along? 17 weeks and 6 days

Total weight gain/loss:  I've gained 7 lbs. from pre-pregnancy weight.


Maternity clothes? I'm still doing well with fitting into my pre-pregnancy tops.  I do have to wear maternity pants though.  Belly is too much in the way, and I need comfort peoples!


Stretch marks? No


Sleep: Okay.  Not awesome.  Getting up in the middle of the night to pee and blow my nose is annoying.


Best moment this week: People telling me how cute I am pregnant and wanting to touch my belly.  Definitely makes a pregnant gal feel pretty when she's feeling the least bit sexy.

Have you told family and friends: Yup! :)


Miss Anything?  Not feeling like there's a rock sitting on my bladder and putting pressure/heaviness into my pelvis.  Oh, and a drink!

Symptoms:  Peeing, peeing, peeing.....peeing..... and peeing...  Achy tailbone, but just on the right side.

Movement: Nada.


Food cravings: Spicy foods, fruit juices, sweet and refreshing foods, soups and salads.


Anything making you queasy or sick: Motion.  I've never been one to get motion sickness until this pregnancy.  If I sit or stand too fast, nausea comes.  One day, I was going around and around and around in circles in a parking garage.  That made me quite woosey.


Have you started to show yet:  Yes! Little baby is giving me a belly.


Gender prediction: Over the last few days......boy. 


Labor Signs: Nope.


Belly Button in or out?  
Still in.  

Wedding rings on or off? On.  


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy

Looking forward to: Finding out the gender, and doing the whole anatomy scan! Twwoooooo more days!!!!  Check back to this blog within the next 3 days.  I'm going to post about our anatomy scan experience.


No comments: