Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, October 12, 2012

16 Week Bumpdate

Disclaimer:  Ok.  I'm going to be honest.  Pregnancy is not as glorious as you think until you become pregnant.  You have aches, pains, and discomforts in places, and pregnancy is just not glamorous.  With that said, I apologize if I ever mention anything on these posts that might seem offensive or like, "Why did she have to even go there?  Too much information, Reannin!"  I'm going to be honest in my experience.  I admit, sometimes I have no shame.  Tyson and my family can vouch for that.  However, I DO have certain boundaries, so I don't THINK I will say anything that is just utterly ridiculous to share.  I'm just going to be straightforward and tell you like it is.  There's no sugar coating this stuff!  Now on to the blog.

     This week, the baby is the size of an avocado from crown to rump!  Guacamole anyone?!  OR!  If you're a make-up nut like me, it's about the length of your mascara.  Ooooo....Mommy LOVES Sephora!


   

The baby:

  • Started growing toenails
  • Is pumping 25 quarts of blood a day
  • Has its legs more developed, head more erect, and eyes moved closer to his/her final position
     
     Apparently, within the next few weeks, the baby will double its weight (GULP!) and add inches to its length.  I learned that my uterus is the size of a small melon, maybe a little bigger now.  When Tyson and I were at the store the other day, I grabbed a small melon, held it up, and said, "Guess what.  This is the size of my uterus right now."  He had no comment.

     I still haven't felt the baby, yet, or AWARE that I'm feeling the baby.  I'm not going to lie.  I'm a little bummed.  BUT!  I know that as the weeks move on, I'm getting closer!  I already feel like a waddler when I walk, and I'm only 16 weeks.  I'm so petite and short torsoed, this baby is going to have nowhere to go!  I'm pretty gosh darn scared at how I'm going to continue to feel as the weeks move on up and this baby gets bigger.  To understand what I'm talking about, let me further explain.  READ DISCLAIMER!!!!

     I love it when I have people ask me, "How are you feeling?"  I pretty much just smile and say, "Fine," or "Tired."  What I really want to say, especially this week is:

    "Do you honestly want to know how how I'm feeling?   Honestly?!??  Well, let me tell you!  My bladder, pelvis, and crotch hurts and aches.......real bad.  I feel like I have to pee every 5 minutes, and even when I go, I don't feel relieved.  The baby has made a nice, warm bed right on my bladder and is pretty much snuggling with it like it's its teddy bear.  This is causing me indescribable, and sometimes painful, pressure down into my crotch.  To put it quite bluntly, I feel like my vagina is going to fall off.  I get these pains the worst and REALLY feel it when I'm standing and walking, which, unfortunately, that's what my job entails.  AND THERE'S A LOT OF STANDING AND WALKING!  I'm non-stop.  The only way I have SOME sort of relief is when I'm lying or sitting down and not moving, OR!, grabbing underneath my little bump and lifting it up.  It seems to take some pressure off.  Oh!  And my butt hurts, I mean, I'm already getting a sore tailbone.  When all is said and done, I'm SUPER DUPER scared of this kiddo getting heavier."

     However, when someone walks by and asks me how I'm feeling, I don't recite all of that because wouldn't THAT be one awkward convo for them about my crotch feeling like it's going to fall off.  So for now, I'll just stick to keeping a smile on my face and telling them tired and getting a "woosey feeling" sometimes.  That'll be less awkward for the person.  They can just read it on my blog. ;)  So there you have it!  Pregnancy in ALL its glory!

     Now on to bump picture and survey for the week!  Bump looks smaller in this picture...hmmm...





How far along? 16 weeks and 5 days

Total weight gain/loss:  According to the last doctor's appointment a few weeks ago, I've gained 4 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.


Maternity clothes? Still haven't bought anything, yet.  I'm still fitting into a lot of my looser shirts.  Today, I had to wear my first pair of maternity jeans to work.  They're jeans that are hand-me-downs from my sister who got them as a hand-me-down as well.  They were a little big in the tushy but much more comfy than the hairband-rigged jeans right now.


Stretch marks? No


Sleep: Getting up to pee about twice a night interrupts the quality of my sleep.  I wake up every morning feeling like I have a hangover.


Best moment this week: Ugh.  There really wasn't any bests.  Just the aches and pains I was talking about above.  I hope to have a better week next week.

Have you told family and friends: I think it's pretty much safe to say that majority of our friends and family knows.


Miss Anything?  Waking up feeling refreshed.

Symptoms:  Please see my lovely, no shame in my game, little blurb written above the bump picture.  Might also be the reason I'm waddling a little.

Movement: :(  Nothing...


Food cravings: No cravings, but if there's something I can make spicy, or order spicy, it's spicy all the way for me!  Today, though, I really wanted a pickle.  I smelled it from one of my student's lunches and thought, "Mmmm....I really want a pickle."  I don't eat pickles by the way.  Craving?


Anything making you queasy or sick: I got real queasy ONCE this week.  It was on Monday morning.  I don't know if I had a big enough breakfast or not to go along with my prenatal.  Or, I was just tired.


Have you started to show yet: I gots a beer and jelly doughnut belly for sure!


Gender prediction: At the beginning of this week, I was thinking boy.  I haven't thought about it much within the last few days.  I just can't tell.  I was told that you just have this intuition.  Well, I don't have it. 


Labor Signs: I read that I could start getting Braxton Hicks this early on in my pregnancy when I was looking up my aches and pains symptoms.  I've been wondering if some of my pains could be that.  I see the doctor on Thursday.  I'll ask her.


Belly Button in or out?  Still in.  


Wedding rings on or off? On.  


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy......uncomfortable...

Looking forward to: Finding out the gender, and doing the whole anatomy scan!  1 week and 3 days left!  Let the countdown begin!!!!!!