Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, September 30, 2012

14 Week Bumpdate

Okay.  So I have to admit, I should be updating my weekly bumpdates more in the middle of the week.  That would make more sense.  Instead, I keep updating like the day before or the day of my new week, so I have to apologize.

This week, or I should say this past week, the baby was the size of a lemon from crown to rump.  MUCH better food comparison this week, don't ya think?!





Thanks to babycenter.com, I can tell you about how the baby is growing!  As far as the developments of the baby, the baby can now grimace, squint, frown, pee, and possibly suck its thumb!!!  The baby's body is now growing faster than its head, and its arms have grown more proportionate to the rest of its body.  Slowly, the baby is evening out.  No more Mr. or Ms. Big Head.....hee hee...  It's SO COOL to read about how the baby is changing.  It changes so fast!

Cute things that happened this week were my students commenting on my ever growing baby bump.  One of my little boys stood in front of me while I was lining my students up and excitedly said, "Mrs. Sutton!  Your belly is getting more....... PUFFY!"  As he said the word, "puffy," he widened his hands.  I must admit, it was really funny.  I think, "puffy" is a good descriptive word.  I also had a lot of teachers commenting on how I have such a bump, now.

This past Monday, I felt as if I had grown over night from the weekend!  It was CRAZY!!!  I went to work Monday morning, and a paraprofessional at our school shouted from down the hall, "I can see your bump from down here!"  Then, I had another para that works in the library gently wrap her arms around my shoulders and whisper cautiously, "Okay, are you expecting?"  I replied with a smile saying, "Yes I am!"  And she goes, "Okay, because I was thinking that a tiny girl like you shouldn't have such a bump on her tummy.  Congratulations!"  Just FYI, this para has been out sick for a while and a little out of the loop, so I got a little chuckle on how she was trying to be careful not to offend me in case I wasn't pregnant and that it wasn't a situation like I had a few too many jelly donuts and beers over the weekend.  HAHA!!!

Tyson laughed at me last night as I was walking to bed, commenting on how I'm already waddling a little.  Lovely...

Now for picture and survey time!  This picture was taken with a camera phone, so I apologize for the lack of quality in the picture.  But, you get the jist of my bump size. ;)


How far along? I'm typing this post at 14 weeks, 6 days.  I'll be posting this post tomorrow (Sunday).  The day I become 15 weeks.  Sorry so late!!!

Total weight gain/loss:  I hate scales, so I don't get on them frequently; nor do I own one.  Needless to say, you will mostly likely only see this part change every time I have to see the doc and get weighed.  So, for now, since my LAST appointment, I've gained 4 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight. 


Maternity clothes? Nothing more, yet.  I'm hoping to pick up a couple pair of jeans tomorrow from GAP maternity because the hairband trick is starting to not work so well.  I DID get a new pair of flat, fall/winter brown boots because all of mine are heeled.  Didn't think high heeled boots would be a good idea for little preggo over here to wear.


Stretch marks? No


Sleep: My allergies are driving my CRAZY which is causing me not to sleep well.  I have also read that pregnancy causes more blood flow in the body.  This can cause more blood flow to the blood vessels in your sinus making them swell and clog you up more.  Besides all of this ragweed we've been having, I wonder if swollen vessels are partly to blame...


Best moment this week: Having Tyson talk to, kiss, and rub my belly.  I like to seeing him connect to our sweet baby.


Have you told family and friends: The word keeps spreading!


Miss Anything?  Feeling more energetic and.................guess what................a cocktail.


Movement: Not yet.  I want to feel this baby move SO badly!


Food cravings: Tyson pointed this out, and I haven't really taken notice until he said something, but I've really been into spicy foods.  Light and refreshing foods is still on the list as well.  Otherwise, I don't really feel CRAVINGS.


Anything making you queasy or sick: I think my prenatals.  Since I entered into my 2nd trimester, my OB now wants me off the JUST the folic acid and B12 and now take prenatals.  Ever since starting them, I get waves of nausea.  Nothing horrible, just uncomfortable and usually just for a few hours in the morning after I take them.


Have you started to show yet: Enough now that people are commenting on my bumpety bump, bump!


Gender prediction: This week, I was at a loss.  Going back and forth.


Labor Signs: Still early in my pregnancy, so nope! :)


Belly Button in or out? In, still.  Speaking of belly buttons, I officially had to take out my belly button ring!  It was looking kind of funny poking through my tight shirts.  So, now I have this gigantic 
hole (over exaggeration) above my belly button.  Looks so weird!

Wedding rings on or off? On.  I hope to never have to take them off.  I'll feel naked without it!


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy......tired....

Looking forward to: The anatomy scan so we can find out the gender!  I'm getting overly anxious that it's causing me slight anxiety.  Also, I just want to see that everything is all right and healthy with the baby.  ANOTHER thing causing me some anxiety.


2 comments:

Nicole Rodriguez said...

Yay! Love your updates! Have y'all thought of names yet???

Tyson and Reannin said...

Sorry Nicole!!! :( Just now remembering I needed to respond to this! We've THOUGHT of names, but don't have them nailed down, yet. We're having a lot of trouble with a boy name. Well, at least I am. Tyson has his full boy name picked out.