Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2009!!!

This is going to be an exciting, yet, busy year for both Tyson and me. We will be getting married in less than 3 months, I will graduate from college, and I will hopefully be landing myself my first real world teaching job.

Unfortunately, our 2009 didn't start off the best. Tyson did not get hired on with Georgetown PD. We are very shocked and disappointed. Right now, we are trying to not let it bother us because we know that there are more opportunities Tyson might end up having. Also, I'm a big believer that there is a plan for everything. Georgetown PD was obviously not in our plan right now. Although our new year didn't start off on the right foot, we're hoping that this was just a minor speed bump, and everything will be smooth from here on out. I'm optimistic!

We had a great Christmas this year. Tyson and I just got back from visiting his sister and her family, his parents, and my mom and younger sister. We were really busy bouncing about to San Antonio, Georgetown, and Austin. It was very nice to see everyone for Christmas. Tyson had a nice little 9 day vacation from work, so that was a total plus! He certainly deserved it, and I'm so happy he was able to take a REAL vacation. I, too, was so ecstatic to actually be able to spend quality time with him. Tyson has officially started on his new shift. He no longer will work nights (10p-6a), he will be on a normal schedule working 12p-10p for two days out of the week, and 3p-1a on the other 2 days of the week. He will have 3 days off since he will be working 10 hour shifts. We are very interested to see how this schedule will work with mine.

I start student teaching on Monday....BLAH!!!!!! I have to go in 2 weeks earlier than the college because I have to get prepared to teach at the school I'm assigned at. I'm very nervous, scared, excited, all of the above! I'm just praying for a very smooth student teaching semester and that May comes quicker than ever.

Overall, it is now January 2009 and Tyson and I are trying to finalize the rest of the big parts of our wedding. We can't believe that it is only less than 3 months away. It is all starting to become so real to us. Today, I spent 3 hours assembling our wedding invitations, realizing that it is coming so quickly. So, from here on out, I will be VERY VERY VERY busy finalizing the wedding plans while finishing up college. Tyson will probably be very busy working. This is going to be a VERY interesting 4 months ahead.

We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Other than that.......we wish everyone a very Happy New Year!!!

No comments: