Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, May 8, 2011

New Food Obsessions

So...along with my Crossfitting I've been on this clean eating kick. I've learned your diet makes up 80% of your body composition. Exercising is useless if you don't watch what you eat. Poor Tyson is forced to eat clean with me....of course....when he's not at work; although, I KNOW that when he's at work, he's cheating.......and it's usually probably not his cheat day. TSK! TSK! Right now, I have two clean food obsessions:

Oatmeal and protein powder with cinnamon
and........
Clean French Toast Sticks
      

Mmmm!!! I look forward to breakfast EVERYDAY! I just can't get enough!  I used to not eat breakfast back in high school and throughout college. Shame on me! Now, I can't live without it! I wanted to post my Clean French Toast receipe for anyone wanting to try it!

Clean French Toast Sticks
(Makes 6 servings)


Ingredients:
6 egg whites
1 cup skim milk
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 Tbsp. olive oil
6 slices of whole wheat french bread, cut into 4 slices. (I prefer to use Ezekiel bread instead. It's a protein bread that's whole grain and flourless. Lower carbs, AND there's no added crud to the bread....ie: unbleached wheat flour, hydrogenated oils, etc.!)
3 Tbsp. 100% maple syrup

Instructions:
In a shallow bowl, combine egg whites, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Dip both sides of bread evenly in egg mixture.

Cooking in batches, place bread pieces in a single layer in skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Serve with syrup.

Nutritional Information (per 4 sticks and 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup serving):
Now, this is the "overall" nutritional information that the website for this receipe gave me. It's going to be a little different depending on the type of bread and how much maple syrup you use.

Calories: 147
Fat: 3.5 g.
Carbs: 21g
Protein 9g.

No comments: