Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, May 16, 2009

It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This

WOW! What a year Tyson and I have had so far....

As of yesterday, I became a college graduate! It feels sooooooo good. It also feels so good that I have so much family support, and so many people who are proud of me. I feel it was quite an accomplishment, especially since I was the one who put myself through college. There were many times I wanted to give up because I was tired of working full time and going to school full time. I didn't think I could do it anymore........working hours and hours pinching pennies just to save up for one semester of college. I forced myself to keep going because I couldn't settle. After almost 6 years of exhaustion, tears, and stress, I made it!

It felt so good to have my in-laws come into town to watch me graduate. It has always made me feel good to know I have always had their support, and continue to have their support. It felt so good to hear Tyson, my sweet husband, consistently tell me that he was so proud of me. It felt so good to almost see my dad in tears as he told me he was so proud of me. It felt good to get a great big kiss from both of my moms as they hugged and held me, while telling me they were proud. It felt so good to get phone calls and texts from great friends telling me they were proud. I definitely feel so proud of myself.

This morning, Tyson and I went out to brunch with my mother and father-in-law. Tyson and I sat around discussing our "life plan" to the both of them to let them know where we planned on heading in our lives together. As always, the both of them always give us great advice. The best comment Tyson's dad made (that we both took to heart) was that, "It doesn't get any better than this." I agree, and it all makes sense. We need to enjoy ourselves, and enjoy our time with just the two of us. We're young and carefree! The world is our oyster now. I have graduated college and I have my job and Tyson has his job. Now we can relax and enjoy ourselves. With now a double income, we are saving for our house that we will hopefully be getting next summer. We already have a month to month budget made. We plan on taking vacations and enjoying married life to the fullest before settling down and making a family. Like my father-in-law said, "It doesn't get any better than this." (Great comment Dad!) This is why I didn't quit college when I was hanging on by a thread. Now Tyson and I can enjoy ourselves. It was all worth it. Tyson and I are so happy. ♥

Here are some pictures from my graduation...

THERE'S THE VIEW OF EVERYTHING!



ME, MY SISTERS, AND MY BROTHER. YES! I'M THE OLDEST AND SHORTEST OUT OF ALL OF THEM. RYLEE WILL DEFINITELY BE TALLER THAN ME IN THE FUTURE! MY CAP COMPENSATES FOR MY SHORTNESS.

♥ THE HAPPY HUSBY AND WIFEY! ♥



1 comment:

Lauren said...

We are so Super Proud of you! Congrats! To celebrate, I have updated the website and the blog. Check them out, you're on there! www.lvs-photo.com and www.lvsphotography.blogspot.com