Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wedding Update, Big Rosco, and Science Eyes!

Ah ha! I told you I would post soon! There are three things on the list to discuss.......Here goes:

1) WEDDING

I called the "cake lady" yesterday (who was SUPER nice when I spoke to her) and the verdict is that we will call her back at the beginning of January to set up an appointment to choose cakes mid January. She brought up a good point, which I had been thinking about, and that is she likes to wait closer to the wedding because she has girls that change their mind on the whole design, color, etc. of their wedding and their wedding cake choices. Also, she'll have more design options for me later on, which is FABULOUS! That was what I was worrying about. When our reception location told us to contact the "cake lady," I was worried that we were going to have to come to a decision on color, design, etc., and I wasn't ready for that. I'm still not 100% sure on my color choice for the wedding. Within the next couple of weeks, I want to go bridesmaid dress shopping with my sister, and hopefully we'll nail down some color choices. BUT! I am almost 95% sure on the colors and style I'm going for. Now for a second but........BUT.....You never know if I find a dress for my girls that I ABSOLUTELY love, and it's TOTALLY not the color/design/whatever I'm going for.

2) Big Rosco (My love)~~~~~>Keep in mind....Precious is still my #1 lovey!

Our baby boy is getting SO BIG. He's now 7 months, and seems to be having random growth spurts here and there. Both Tyson and I will wake up and have to ask each other if we notice that he got bigger overnight. I've taken some pictures of the new big Rosco, and they're posted on my Picasa Web Picture website. I'm hoping he'll get even bigger than this. I want my big dog! :) I encourage everyone to take a peek at his old baby puppy pictures and compare them to the new ones. You'll definitely see a difference. Whew! It's so hard to look at him and think that he is still a puppy. He sure is a BIG puppy! The link to my Picasa Web is below:

http://picasaweb.google.com/reannins


3) Science Eyes

Ok....I said in my last post that I would explain this. In my "Integrating Science into the Classroom" class, my professor believes in the term, "Science Eyes." It was actually started by one of her mentors back in her college years. Science Eyes are eyes that look at the world through discovery. Everything is changing and science is all around us. We, as teachers, need to look at our classrooms through "Science Eyes." We need to see the potential in every student to be successful in learning, and watch them change and grow. We need to look at our class through science eyes to help our students learn through discovery. Anyways, in class, we got to make some "Science Eyes" by using all kinds of crafts. You'll see what I'm talking about. My professor has finally posted the pictures of our "Science Eyes." Here they are:

I'M THE GOOF ON THE FAR LEFT....HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM? HAHA!


GROUP SHOT WITH ALL OF OUR "SCIENCE EYES.Have I told you how much I LOVE my major and my profession?!??!

No comments: