Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, June 2, 2008

So, What's it Like Being Married to a Cop?

I was getting a little frustrated with Tyson's work schedule for a while. We weren't seeing each other and it was taking a little bit of a toll on me. I just miss him, and it's hard not knowing if he's okay out there on the streets. Also, it's a little lonely at times. With THAT said, I found this interesting, yet VERY true and funny article written by a police officer's wife about being married to a police officer. After reading this article, it made me feel better because I realized that I'm not the only one who experiences all of the "fun things" that come with being in a relationship with a police officer. If you read it, it gives a whole new respect to a police officer's family. After reading this article, these are the things that I found that are SO TRUE with what Tyson and I experience now:

When I kiss Tyson goodbye and tell him to be safe, I wonder if that is the last time I will ever see him.

I have to be self-sufficient.

The article says that the wife has to keep the kids quiet while Daddy sleeps. Well, I have to keep the dogs quite while Dad sleeps.

Holidays together are almost non-existent.

The pay is terrible for such a risky and dangerous job.

You sleep alone almost every night.

When you think you're going to get that little time alone, he ends up having to stay later because of some late arrest, traffic stop, or someone calling out of work. Basically, it ruins the rest of the day because he has to sleep all of it.

I have learned where to sit in a restaurant with him so he has the best vantage point.

Although there are some yucky things that come with the position of becoming a cop's wife, there are some advantages!:

I know I'm protected when he's home.

I find out all of the juicy details and the dirty scoop on the "big wigs" of the city.

The news sensationalizes everything, so I get to find out the truth of the matter.

I get to hear the most adventurous stories that not all husbands can come home and tell their wives.

These are the main points that this author wrote in this article that was TOTALLY about our life right now. I laughed the whole time because it is SO TRUE!!! Anyways, I brought this up because I thought that it would be interesting, and it gives insight of how different life is when you're a police officer or you are marrying one. Below is the article. I do recommend reading the article. It is very informative, and you'll see how much Tyson sacrafices to do a job that pays him next to nothing, yet, he loves doing:

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Police-Life/So--Whats-it-Like-Being-Married-to-a-Cop/17$29366

No comments: