Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, March 1, 2013

36 Week Bumpdate

    Gosh!!!  I was looking through side pregnant pictures of me back at 32 weeks, and Brynlee has DEFINITELY grown!!!  I look at my 32 week photo and think, "And I thought I was uncomfortable THEN???"  The top picture is me at 36 weeks and 5 days pregnant, while the bottom one is from yesterday, 36 weeks and 4 days.

Me at work.
     This week, the average baby at 36 weeks is almost 6 lbs. and is about 18 1/2 inches in length.  At this stage in the game, the baby is continuing to pack on more fat, as well as shedding her laguno and vernix caseosa.  Laguno is that soft, downy hair that kept our baby warm until she got some fat built up, while the vernix caseosa is a waxy coating on the baby's skin that protects it.  Come Sunday, when I'm officially 37 weeks, Brynlee will be considered FULL TERM!  Crazy to think that by Sunday we will have 3 weeks left.

     On Tuesday, at my 36 week appointment, I got to have a little more excitement.  Instead of just the normal blood pressure, weigh in, etc., I got to finally get "checked" for the first time.  I'll admit, it was a bit uncomfortable with my doctor all shoving her hand up there, but I guess from this point on, I've got to get used to it.  According to the doc, I'm already 1 cm. dilated and 50% effaced.  Just for those that don't know, you're ripe and ready to push when you're 10 cm. and 100% effaced.  Dilation is the widening of your cervix and effacement is the softening of it.  More of the dilation comes on with real deal labor and contractions.  I don't really care how fast I dilate.  I know that's a slow go. I just want to continue progressing in the effacement department.  The doctor said that my dilation and effacement is good news in the sense that my body is doing what it's supposed to do, but this doesn't necessarily mean that she's coming any time soon.  I'm one of those women who does their constant research, so I already knew this meant nothing really in the sense of how soon she'll be here.  She could be here tomorrow, OR she could be here past her due date.  Babies come on their own time. I also learned that Brynlee IS in the head down position and is engaged in my pelvis.  Hallelujah to THAT!  Her heartbeat was a STRONG 142 beats per minute this time, and when I say strong, I mean STRONG.  These last few appointments have been the strongest I've ever heard her heartbeat.......my little love.

     Over the last few days, I think she's dropped some.  I've noticed my breathing isn't AS labored anymore, and when I drive in the car, I don't feel her ALL in my ribs like I used to.  I get the occasional booty bump into the right side of my ribs.  At least the way I'm feeling things, I think I'm feeling her little butt because I feel a creepy, crawly, walk-y feeling on my left.  I'm assuming those are her knees and feet.  I also feel like there's more of a gap between my rib cage and belly.  When she squirms around, I can feel her a little more in my pelvis.  Today, one of our 4th grade student teachers commented on how it looks like my belly has gone a little lower.  I can confidently say that I think she has dropped a little.  PLEASE let this NOT be something I'm imagining.  I want her to do this.  Drop baby!...DROP!!!  I have my next prenatal appointment on Tuesday, and one of the questions I'm asking is if my doctor noticed she dropped some so I can have some confirmation.

     Yesterday, at work, I had another, great baby shower for Miss Brynlee and got some great stuff!  I'm so very thankful to work with a great group of faculty and staff!  They definitely hooked me up!  Here's just a snapshot of my baby shower at work.  Click the link below to see more pictures of the event.  I apologize for the quality of the photos.  Tyson and I are missing our camera, and I didn't want to bring to school his really expensive digital, so I settled for the camera on my iPhone.

Me and the 4th Grade Team
Opening Gifts!



     Now, I have more washing and organizing to do, which is okey dokey for me!  Brynlee's nursery is still coming along, slowly but surely.  Really all I need to do at this point is get stuff hung on the walls.  Her bedding is still in the works and can come later.  She won't be sleeping in her crib for the first few months.  We finally got the missing hardware for the glider, so now that's all put together and ready to go.  This weekend is the "packing of the hospital bag" weekend for me.  I'm slowly going to start getting that all ready to go.  Now that I got more gift cards to Babies-R-Us, I'll  be able to purchase any little necessities I'm still missing and will need right away!

    Well, that's pretty much it for this week!  Now on to the survey!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How far along? Posting this at 36 weeks and 5 days!

Total weight gain/loss:  I gained two more pounds, so I'm now up 25 lbs. from pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity clothes?  I finally bought a nursing bra for the hospital as well as some gowns.  They aren't really maternity nursing gowns, but they will serve their purpose for after Brynlee is born and I can be comfy and nurse.

Stretch marks?  Oh this was lovely....  The nurse noticed my new stretch marks that I've formed close to my bikini area.  She goes, "Oh, so you're just now officially starting to get stretch marks, huh?!"  YEAH, thanks for NOTICING!  At this point, genetics took over.  I've creamed and moisturized up as well as watched my weight.

Sleep: Sleeping fine.  I sleep like I got hit by a truck!  I'm OUT!

Best moment this week:
 Getting "checked" by the doctor and finding out more interesting information, and, feeling little, miss Brynlee's squirms.  I'm starting to love her more and more each day knowing there's a fully blown BABY in my belly.

Have you told family and friends: That would be terrible if no one knew at this point.

Miss Anything?  Already I'm missing my pretty tummy I used to have before I got pregnant.  I kind of want of want to cry now...

Symptoms: Ooooohhhh tailbone pain, tailbone pain, tailbone pain.  Oh!  And I'm peeing a lot.  Kind of happens when there's a baby's head on your bladder.  Shortness of breath has subsided a little and heartburn and indigestion hasn't made their return.  Well....I take that back.  Sometimes I'll feel a mild feeling in my throat, but it quickly comes and goes away and it's so mild that it doesn't affect me.

Movement: Squirming about and trying to stretch!  Still trying to figure out her sleep and wake patterns.  Over the last couple of days, she's been a little more active during the day and calm during the night.  Although, when I get up to pee around 2:30 and then sometimes again at 3 or 4 something in the morning, I'll feel her squirm about a little once I go and come back to bed.  Today, she seemed to be active all day, and now it's 7:20 at night, and she's not budging one bit.

Food cravings: Still sweets....and CHOCOLATE.  I'm not even a big chocolate eater!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not this week.

Have you started to show yet: I'll even admit that I'm starting to look like I'm about ready to pop.

Gender prediction: No more predicting....It's a girl!

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks and some uncomfortable ones for sure!


Belly Button in or out?  
Still slightly in and out, but most definitely out.  If you look at my bottom bump picture up at the beginning of this post, you'll see my belly button popping out. :)

Wedding rings on or off? Still on!  YAY!  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Overall, happy and ANXIOUS!!!  I want to meet her!

Looking forward to: Getting things hung up in Brynlee's nursery, my next appointment on Tuesday to see if I've made any more progress, and getting my hospital bag packed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Reannin,
I've just finished all your weekly posts, you're going to be a great mommy!
Thank you for taking the time to write about these little details, it was so cute, sweet and insightful.
I'm hooked now, I'll come and check all the new developments.
Wishing you the best of luck!
Stef - EDD 17 August