Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, November 16, 2012

21 Week Bumpdate

     Here is little ol’ me!  21 weeks and 4 days preggo, having to push my blazer back so you can see the belly better! :)



















     This week, Brynlee is the size of a carrot.  To me, that’s not any different than the size of a banana from last week.  I’ve been quite tempted to go to a grocery store and hold a carrot up to my belly to get an idea of her length compared to my belly size.  My belly sure does look a lot bigger for just a little ol’ carrot!













     They say by this week the baby should be about 10 ½ inches long and weigh about three quarters of a pound.  Apparently her eyebrows and lids are present.  Sounding like she’s looking more human week by week!

     This was an AMAZING week for me, or should I say BOTH Tyson and me.  Actually, last night is what made it so amazing.  So, I was lying on the couch and I felt Brynlee shove herself allllllllllllllllllllllllll the way over to the right side of my tummy.  It hurt so badly, and I could feel a big ball of baby pushing all the way to the right.  She seems to LOVE my right side!  I placed my hand on the hard ball of baby to feel how solid it was.  I could feel her little wiggles and jabs on the inside like normal, but then she gave me a gigantic blow to my right hand.  It was the hardest blow I’ve EVER felt from her.  My eyes lit up, and I shouted, “Oh my god!  Hunny!  Come here!  She just kicked me really hard on the hand!  Hurry and see if you can feel her!”  So, Tyson quickly jogs over and places his hand on the right side of my belly where the hard part was.  Of course, she decided to stop moving and I was thinking that this was just my luck.  He sat there for about 20 seconds when all of the sudden she gave Tyson a huge jab to the hand.  At that moment, both Tyson and I locked eyes and we both smiled at each other.  Tyson was smiling like he just felt the most amazing thing ever.  I excitedly shouted, “Did you feel that?!!!!” and he replied with, “Yes!” in complete amazement.  Of course, within 5 minutes, both of us were on Facebook, telling the world that he felt our daughter move for the first time.  It was honestly very exciting.

      I had another prenatal appointment on Tuesday.  Baby girl’s heartbeat was 152 bmp and both she and I are perfect and healthy!  I received sad news, though.  Since everything was normal in my anatomy scan at 18 weeks, my insurance won’t pay for another ultrasound.  Boooo!!!!!!!!!  I told Tyson that I would REALLY like one more towards the end just to check everything out.  Unfortunately, we’ll have to pay out of pocket.  Bummer.  At my appointment, my doctor handed me information about the hospital tour and pre-registering, as well as pediatricians.  As she handed me everything, she said, “This just makes it more real!”  I was also given my drink for my gestational diabetes test that I’ll have to take in 5 weeks.  So I will be saying, “Cheers,” and sucking down what I’ve heard is one nasty drink, and then I’ll have to give MORE blood.  BARF!!!!

      So that is the highlight of this week my friends.  Nothing else is new.  I’m excited about tomorrow because both my sister and I are going baby registering.  I needed to recruit my sister because I’m in WAY over my head and need some guidance.  I started doing research on strollers and just about had a breakdown because I didn’t know where to start.  .  I’m already pretty overwhelmed by all of this.  Let’s hope this registering trip goes smoothly. 

Now for your weekly survey...

How far along? I'm posting this at 21 weeks and 5 days!

Total weight gain/loss:  I've gained 12 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.  Gross to me, but I know this is all part of growing a baby.  Dr. says my weight gain is excellent, and books say I should be at 15 lbs. right now, so I'm telling myself I'm doing all right.

Maternity clothes? Nothing new!  Need to wear preggo pants, but my pre-pregnancy shirts are still working.  Although, I'm slowly starting to run out of options of what to wear.

Stretch marks? No


Sleep: Pretty decent.

Best moment this week:
 Tyson feeling Brynlee move!!!!

Have you told family and friends: Of course. :)


Miss Anything?  A nice adult beverage and my tiny, unpreggo, fit self.

Symptoms: Ugh!  Nasal congestion has been SO. BAD.

Movement: Starting to feel her move from the outside! 

Food cravings: Fruit, fruit juices, fruit smoothies, Sprite, Sprite…..oh, and did I mention SPRITE?!?!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Still good!


Have you started to show yet:  Ooooohhh yes I have!

Gender prediction: All girl!  HEL-LO ruffle butts, leg warmers, tutus, and large bowy headbands!


Labor Signs: I had some tight, cramping pain earlier today actually.  My stepmom seems to think it might be  getting Braxton Hicks.


Belly Button in or out?  
Inny, inny!  

Wedding rings on or off? On.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, pappy!

Looking forward to: Registering and seeing my in-laws!  They’re coming down for Thanksgiving, and I’m so excited!!!  I can’t wait for them to see little, miss Brynlee.  From the outside of course…


No comments: