Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, November 9, 2012

20 Week Bumpdate

Here’s me!  At 20 weeks, 4 days pregnant!  I cannot believe we’re halfway there!.... And my tummy is only going to get larger in the NEXT 20 weeks!  AHHHH!!!!!!!!!

















So one interesting fact that I learned about this week is that the baby is now measured from head to toe instead of crown to rump because, at this point, the baby has uncurled its legs more.  With that said, baby girl is the size of a banana from head to her little toe-sies!  The books also say that she should be weighing about 10 and half ounces by now.






Dear Brynlee, here’s a little fact about your mommy and daddy.  Mommy doesn’t like bananas, but Daddy does.  But, I do love you, my little banana. 

This week, I felt sweet, little Brynlee kick my hand from the outside.  One night, I felt a rock solid ball on the right side of my tummy, but the left side was totally soft.  I assumed this was “Miss Thang” favoring my right side.  So, I went to lie on the couch on my left side, took my right hand to my belly, and pushed on it to move her more center.  Slowly, the right side got softer.  When I finished pushing, I kept my hand there, putting pressure into it, not just resting it.  While I sat there, I felt little thumps on my hand.   I got so excited and texted Tyson at work letting him know I was feeling her when I pushed my hand into my tummy.  Unfortunately, Tyson has yet to feel her.  There’s only been two days where I could feel her little thumps.  Guess she’s just got to get bigger! Yikes....

Speaking of little thumps, I’m starting to feel her movement easier, even when standing and walking.  No longer do I have to be totally at rest.  Now, of course, at the end of the day when I'm watching T.V., she's a little mover and shaker.  No longer do her movements feel like little muscle twitches.  It feels like full on thumping.  It also feels like bubbles popping all around in my tummy.  I swear my heart skips a beat every time I feel her move. 

You’ve probably noticed, in this post, the spelling of baby girl's name.  We think we’ve decided on the spelling of her name.  I believe we WILL be going with Brynlee.  Oooohhhh I can’t wait to meet little miss Brynlee Taylor.

Are you ready for my weekly survey?!?!!!  OOOOHHHH-KAY!

How far along? I'm posting this at 20 weeks and 5 days!

Total weight gain/loss:  Since my last prenatal appointment, I've gained 7 lbs. from pre-pregnancy weight.

Maternity clothes? Still sticking to my preggo pants and pre-preggo tops.

Stretch marks? No


Sleep: Pretty decent.

Best moment this week:
 Tyson touching, talking to, and kissing my belly.

Have you told family and friends: Of course. :)


Miss Anything?  Cocktails and my beautifully sculpted abs I always worked hard on.  I have moments where I worry all of this stretching will not allow for them to come back.  I think I almost cried the other day thinking about this…. Ha!!!!!!!!!  Thinking positive though!  They WILL come back!

Symptoms: Excessive thirst, pregnancy brain, frequent bathroom trips, slightly achy tailbone, nasal congestion!!! ß-----UGHHH!!!!  Oh!  And I FEEL like I've felt a little more emotional this week.  I CAN say that I've been pretty good on the emotional side of things so far! :)

Movement: Feeling some harder thumping from the inside, and infrequent, light thumping from the outside.  I can’t wait until Tyson feels her! 


Food cravings: Fruit juices, any type of drink that is sweet, fruit.  I must admit, I’m sort of stunned I’m not having chocolate cravings.  I was FOR SURE that once I got pregnant one day, I’d actually WANT to indulge in chocolate.  I’m actually not a HUGE chocolate fan and thought my tastes would change once I got preggo.  I tend to opt for the fruity or custardy desserts, and I still do while pregnant!


Anything making you queasy or sick: Still good!


Have you started to show yet:  Ooooohhh yes I have!

Gender prediction: No more guessing!  It's a girl!  It's a girl!  It's a girl!!!!! **Doing my happy dance.**


Labor Signs: Nothing this week.  Still trying to decide if what I was feeling over the last few weeks were braxton hicks.


Belly Button in or out?  
Inny, inny!  

Wedding rings on or off? On.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, pappy!

Looking forward to: The first time Tyson can feel baby girl move from the outside and registering for baby stuff!


No comments: