Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, April 23, 2010

MRI Results and House Update

The time has come! We close April 29th! This Thursday, Tyson will be closing on the house for both of us. I'm going to be at work all antsy when I'm actually supposed to be relaxing after the TAKS (Texas' state testing) with my kiddos! Tyson took off from work Wednesday through Sunday, and Hugh and Nancy will be in town to help us pack up and move this Thursday through Sunday. This will definitely be a real treat! Tyson and I are both incredibly excited.

Below are some pictures and videos that were taken around April 24th-ish. The house is pretty much now complete as of today (April 27th). They just need to do touch ups here and there, and they need to paint our front door; as well as put the decorative hardware on our garage doors. We can't wait to see those on! I think they will look pretty schnazy!

Here are the videos:

















Here are the pictures:




We have a yard!




Master bath is almost finished. I guess they messed up and we get only one light fixture.




Guest bathroom is complete.


We have fans!



We now have a fenced-in backyard!


The beginnings of installing the carpet.






.....and then...TA-DAH! Sorry it's so dark. My flash wouldn't flash. The tile was getting cleaned the day we came in to take a look. That's why it's all nice and shiny. :)


So......be checking the blog over the next couple of days through to next week. I will try to get the finished product up as soon as I get a chance to get away from all of this "hectic-ness" that's going on for both Tyson and I over these next couple of weeks.................and it's not just house stuff. I want to spill the good news, but I can't yet, so I'll just leave you hanging. And NO! We're not pregnant, so check that one off your list. ;)

As you all know, I had my MRI done last week. The results came back, and it came back negative which is apparently REALLY good news. WOO HOO! Now, having this information, my PT was able to confidently show me, with a model of the spine, what she NOW mostly likely thinks happened to me. It was pretty interesting, and she showed my what my spine was looking like....it was gross and definitely wasn't normal. It's pretty much the same stuff I've shared before, but this time, it's not necessarily a big disc slippage. My lower back was just too much in "flexion" (that arch I was telling you about) from my years in dance, and it caused my spine to continue to curve further inwards. There's a few discs in our spine that contain the nerve bundles that control the bladder. She showed me, with the model, the two specific discs she think were involved in the lumbar spinal region. It was really neat to see. Since my spine was so heavily curved inwards, there's something I did that was the final straw that broke the camel's back, and my spine was just waiting for something to happen. Excessive running and exercise eventually caused my spine to "give out" (become unstable) and pinched either a nerve or pressed against my spinal cord. I'm back in the gym again, but I have been put under strict restrictions of what I can do so that I don't get back into this mess. My symptoms are still coming down, but my nerves are EXTRA sensitive. My nervous system was put under so much stress for so many months that it could take 6-8 weeks, or even 6-8 months until they calm down. For now, I just need to keep my core super tight and re-stabilize my back. It's so bad that I tried to clean the kitchen over the weekend, and the next day, I felt AWFUL and back to crying my eyes out in discomfort.

Might this be a good excuse to get Tyson to start cleaning the house for me until my back settles down???!??!??!?!?!? Hee hee! A girl can only dream... ;)




We hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I LOVE the tile floors and in the bathroom too! Awesome!
Good luck with the PT, I'm so glad to hear that it is reversable (Even if it does take a long time, it's better than surgery, right?!)

Can't wait to see the new house in person...we'll have to stop by when you get settled with your housewarming gifts :)