Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happy, Happy 4 Month Old!

Ugh.  I'm HORRIBLE!!!!!  It's been a MONTH since I've last blogged.  The life of a mommy is just so busy, busy that I don't take the time to think about blogging.  

Well, Brynlee is 4 months old!  Almost 5!!!






Simply SCRUMPTIOUS little baby!

 She continues to look so much like her daddy with just a hint of mommy.  She's got those crystal blue eyes, light blondish-brown hair, and light skin with rosy cheeks.  I look at her and can't believe she's even HALF of me!  I'm so dark featured compared to her that I look like the nanny!  Oh, but I'm loving every second of it when people tell me how much she looks like Tyson.  I'm so in love with it!


Hi.  I'm the nanny!


Again, there have been SO many changes in her and her personality is starting to show through!
So far, this is what we're seeing with her personality:

  • She is an ACTIVE baby. (We're SO in trouble once she gets mobile.)
  • She's a happy, little girl!
  • LOVES to be social or be in social situations.
  • She's such a sweetheart.
  • Determined
  • Impatient
  • Gets frustrated easily...  And let's us know!

Developmentally, she's starting to sit up on her own.  I have to place her on her bottom and she can play with a toy with no support at most 15-20 seconds.  Then she'll like to look around or flail her arms which pretty much knocks her off balance.  She's starting to bring her knees into her and scooting a little.  She's REALLY wanting to crawl so badly right now.  Today, she rolled over from her back to her tummy for the first time EVER!  Yayyyy!!!  I watched her rock herself back and forth, back and forth, protesting in frustration and determination.  I left her alone and let her work at it.  She got it!

Sitting up like a big girl!

She's becoming really skilled with her hands, and loves playing with and discovering her toys.  As a teacher, it's fun to watch her learn the way a 4 month old does.  She shakes her rattle like CRAZY because of the sound it makes.  Brynlee is starting to discover her feet and her tongue.  Lately, she's been doing this funny licky, smacky thingy with her tongue.  It's quite hilarious.  She very interested in my cell phone.  Tries and grab it while I'm texting or talking.  If I pull it away from her, she'll then try and use her feet to grab it.  Like I said.  Determined.  She smiles, giggles, and squeals readily now.  Almost ALL the time, even when I just look at her.  I'm so in love with this little girl!

We started solids this month per the pediatrician.  I had gotten the hint that she was interested in the food Tyson and I were eating because she'd eye it, try and grab it, or better yet.......smack her lips.  Went to her 4 month checkup.  Didn't even have to bring up solids.  Pediatrician asked me if I was seeing signs.  I was like HOLY COW, YES!!!  Then I got the go to give her not only cereal but baby food fruits and veggies.  All I've got to say is....  This little girl loves her some food!!!  Just look at this little chunk!

Mmm Hmm girlfraaaannn!!!  I make this look good!

Brynlee just continues to get more and more fun as we stray further and further past that dreaded newborn stage.  She's just all around more responsive and full of personality.

About a week ago, Tyson finally graduated with his Bachelor's from Sam Houston State University.  A long time ago I talked about him going back to school to finish up.  Well, HE DID IT!!!!  Wifey and daughter are so proud!





Well, just as Brynlee is getting more fun, I have to return to work in 5 days.  I'm completely devastated about this.  Every time I think about not spending every waking moment with Brynlee makes me want to bawl my eyes out.  As a matter of fact, I've already had one meltdown.  The time I had off from work was both a blessing and a curse.  CISD employees get only 6-8 weeks of maternity leave, but because I had her when I did, my maternity leave practically lead right into the summer, and then I had the summer off, therefore I got 21 precious weeks with my baby girl.  But now, it just makes it 10 times harder to leave her during the day and go to work.  I'm so scared about how this is going to go.  My routine is going to totally change from what I'm used to.  I'll have to get used to getting up in the middle of the night with her, then getting up earlier for work, working all day, then coming home to be a mommy.  It's a totally different life than what I had before.  I'm very scared of the unknown, but I know I'll adjust.

Overall, so far, this has been one crazy 4 month (almost 5 month) ride, but I'm loving every minute of it.  It's so tough, but there are so many rewards. She makes Tyson and I laugh so hard.  I always say, "This is why people have kids!"

Until the next post! ..... which will hopefully be sooner than a month later!


No comments: