Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Our Hobby Together

Below is a commercial/video Lift Strong Run Fast created. This pretty much sums up our new hobby and what we do. Click to watch!


Lift Strong | Run Fast from 31Films on Vimeo.


So, this new lifestyle Tyson and I have decided to tackle together has become quite a hobby/passion.  As
you all know, almost a year ago Tyson and I joined this Lift Strong Run Fast program, which is a crossfit affiliated program.  Tyson started it to get his butt back in shape, as well as getting him in more shape for his job.  A month later, Tyson recommended that I'd give it a try since I was into keeping in shape.  He knew that this would take me to the next level that I wanted, as seen in video above.

Since then, Tyson has slowly become this health and fitness nut, and recently, he wanted to take it to the next level.  A lot of LSRF members see a sports medicine guy for aches, pains, injuries, etc.  At the beginning of the summer, Tyson was really worried about his flexibility and how his hips seemed misaligned, so he went to this guy that LSRF recommends.  He found out that this guy ALSO deals with nutrition.  Yay to that!  Over the past couple of months, Tyson has been toying with going and getting a nutritional plan mapped out for him in order for him to get bigger and stronger.  Tyson has definitely built up more muscle, but he's still skinny minny.  His pants are practically dropping off of him now.  I had made many suggestions that I knew about ( **cough, cough**) EAT MORE CALORIES (the good ones of course).  Personally, I knew Tyson wasn't eating enough, and I think in the back of his mind, he knew it too.  However, Tyson is not one to just dive into a nutritional plan unless he has a professional right up on his rear telling him he needs to do this.  Sure enough, he went to the nutrtionist/sports medicine guy and he recommended he take in 3600 calories a day!  "HO-LY COW!" was my response.  So, when all was said and done, the nutritionist put Tyson on a plan, and we hope to see some results in his strength and digestion in a couple of weeks.

Tyson mentioned to the nutritionist that I would like to come in and have a body analysis and be on a plan.  Apparently, he said that I can be on the same plan, I just have to cut everything in half.  For now, I will do this, but I still want to go in and get that body analysis as well as a plan tailored to my specific needs.  I'm not too concerned with what I'm going to eat with Tyson for right now because it's pretty much all of the same stuff I've been eating, just mixed and portioned out differently.  But, I'll give this a shot, see if I feel anything different, and if I feel that there might be something missing to the plan that I need, I'll go and see Tyson's guy.

So now, here I am, after hours and hours of food prepping on my Sunday, FINALLY just getting to sit and relax a little.  This plan requires us to food prep, and let me tell you that it's an overwhelming task.  We had to buy SO MUCH in bulk yesterday.  I couldn't help but laugh and wonder what the check out guy and bagger were thinking when the saw us with a giant family pack of eggs, cartons of spinach, and turkey, chicken, and sirloin stacked high in our cart!  This plan has us eating SEVENTY eggs in this ONE WEEK between the both of us.  We were egg boiling machines this morning, let me tell ya.

Overall, Tyson and I kind of reflected a little yesterday, and we both agree that it is nice that we have a hobby we enjoy doing together.  I really like working out with my hubs, and I'm really liking that Tyson was to eat healthier and just BE healthier.

No comments: