Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Beginning!

This past week, Tyson and I had our last design center appointment where we finalized our choices for what "look" is going into our home. There are some things that we went standard on (that I'm not too crazy about), but we went that route with certain things that we knew were easily replaceable. We didn't go standard and upgraded on things that we knew were going to be a pain in the butt if one day we decided to change it.
There's nothing much to see yet, but below is a picture of our cleared lot. They cleared it, I believe, this past Thursday (2/25).

The VERY NEXT DAY, they started the framing for the foundation and put some pipes in. It's already moving along quickly. It's going to go quick, then slow down a little bit, and then go quick again. In no time, our home will be built.

Below is a video of the beginnings of our home being built. I'll be putting more detailed videos/photos up as we continue the process. I didn't go further up to the lot on this video because I didn't want to get in the way of the workers; but, at least you can see that our home is starting to be built!!! :) :) :)






If you're unable to see the videos, don't worry. I will be posting pictures for those who are unable to view the video.

Tyson's been working working WORKING, so I've been the only one to really see the progression over these past few days. But! We are very excited! We got to choose the look of our garage door yesterday, and we went with this detailed/hardware designed garage door. It's hard to explain, but I'll get a picture of it on another house, and hopefully that will give everyone a good sense of what it looks like. We have also chosen our brick color, so I'll take a picture of that as well.

As far as my health, I'm still continuing to get better. I've been stretching my pelvic floor like a maniac and massaging out those tender points in my abs and pelvic floor. Ever since this large piece of the puzzle came together for me, I'm feeling the best I've ever felt in 6 months since this thing started. I've confidently added a few more foods into my diet. Sometimes, I'm feeling SO good, I just want to go back to eating everything and working out. However, I know that is not possible right now because I'm still in that healing process, and I shouldn't chance it. Man do I miss my chocolate, Dr. Peppers, happy hour, and gym! I'm remaining optimistic that I'll beat this thing.

Like I wrote above, Tyson is working a lot of overtime lately, and it's driving me insane because I barely see him. Ever since we've bought/started building our home, he's been in work overdrive right now. Tyson's just one of those worry warts that wants to make sure we're covering all of our bases, and I do feel very lucky and grateful to have a husband with such a good head on his shoulders. Hi hunny! ♥

Until then, keep checking back often. I have this feeling that I'll be posting more and more videos/pictures up rather quickly. ;)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I can't wait to see the house! I am so very excited! I know you guys have wonderful taste, so it will be beautiful. If the garage doors are what I'm thinking they are, then they will be beautiful! There are some homes in Telfair (in Sugar Land) with the wood doors and I LURVE them! Very distinguished looking :)
Yay yay yay! i'm sure you guys are just over joyed with this!