Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Uneventful

Thought I'd just drop in and update. There really hasn't been much going on lately. Tyson's working a lot just to have extra "comfort money," just incase we want more for our house, etc. He's just thinking ahead and trying to make sure we stay comfortable. I sure miss him though. He's been working nonstop since a couple of weeks ago, and his first day off isn't until Feb. 10th when we go to our first design center appointment.

This Saturday morning, we will having our blueprint review of our house. I still can't believe we're building a house. It just seems so unreal, but so exciting at the same time! Ugh. We just can't wait to get out of this apartment. Feb. 10th, Hugh and Nancy will be meeting us at the design center. I'm glad I'll have Tyson's parents there to keep his head cool because I know he'll be a ball of stress. For what? Nothing really. It's just Tyson. I have a feeling he'll just be overwhelmed with the choices and making sure we don't go overboard with costs. I'm thinking of grabbing some home magazines and flipping through them with Tyson to see what sort of look we both like, which I'm HOPING will make it less overwhelming on the 10th. I sure won't be stressed! I have a feeling I'm going to have fun with this! But, you never know. I could be wrong.

Soon enough, you will see probably tons of pictures and videos on here that I'm going to post on the progress of our home being built. I'm going to try to go the video route more, so hopefully everyone will be able to view them on their PC.

Work is going well for me, and it's a hit or miss with Tyson's job. He's really pushing for this K9, but fears he won't get it. He's been in a cruddy mood these past few days, but he won't talk to me about it. I have a feeling it has something to do with K9. I wish I knew what I could do to make him feel happy and not stress over the K9 so much, but I'm powerless. I also wish I could knock on his Chief's door and tell him how hard Tyson has been working for this on his own time and out of his own bank account, and that he'd be crazy to not allow Tyson to become one of the K9 officers.

As for me, I've been preparing my kiddos for the writing TAKS test that's coming up in one month, and I'm exhausted as I'm sure my kids are as well. I'm grading 40 stories week by week that take about 5 mins. a piece to read, and then I leave my kids feedback. I'm usually very thorough because I want them to do well. But, when you're thorough, it sure takes up a lot of your time. I definitely can't wait until this test comes, so we can all breathe a sigh of relief. I have full faith in my kids though. I started grading some stories they finished up on Friday, and so far, I'm VERY impressed with the huge gains they've made. I just want to go to school tomorrow, tell them how proud I am of them, and give them all a big hug.

Well, that's about it. We'll continue to keep everyone updated on the house. There will be videos and pictures to come!

No comments: