Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!

Hello friends and family! Sorry for a lapse in time since I've blogged. Just wanted to stop by and update everyone once again.

Nothing too new down here in The Woodlands, Texas. Both Tyson and I have still been working away putting money into savings for a house, and just to have your typical back up money. Now that we have a double income going, we're doing REALLY well. We feel successful and happy, especially me because this is the first time I've every been able to buy something REALLY nice for Tyson for Christmas. I've always been the broke college student paying my way through school. Now that I'm not broke, I decided to go all out for Tyson. My intentions were to give him his gift on Christmas day.....you know.....the way you're supposed to do it. I have been trying to "hide" his gift for a few weeks now. I kept the gift in the trunk of the car because I'm always at work when he's home, and I'll usually have the car. He rarely even drives it even though it's HIS car, so I thought it would be a safe enough spot until I could get his gift inside a moving box. I'll tell you why I wanted to put his gift in a moving box in just a second.

Here was my "gift hiding" plan. I decided not to hide his gift in the apartment because Tyson is too impatient, and I knew he would cheat and search the apartment for his darn gift, so I kept it in the car knowing Tyson wouldn't be driving it for a while. I knew this would buy me enough time until I could get a moving box to put his gift in. Then I would wrap the moving box and put it under the tree. The reason why I wanted to put it in a moving box and then wrap it is because I knew he would unwrap a little corner of the wrapping paper to try and get a peek at what it was. He's such a little cheater!

Well, weeks and weeks went on and I never got the opportunity to grab a moving box. I knew one of my co-workers would have a moving box in one of his extra classrooms, but I kept forgetting to ask him due to the hustle and bustle of getting all of my work completed before we left for Christmas break. Yesterday, I thought that now that I'm on break, I'll have the opportunity to grab one while Tyson is at work. It just so happens that Tyson has been taking the car A LOT lately to run errands when I get home from work. It was driving me bonkers, because I was afraid he would find the gift. Sure enough.....he did. UGH! He came in the door last night with this look on his face that told me he was up to no good. I asked him what was up, and he tried to play it off by saying, "Nothing." I told him not to lie to me because he knows I can read people like a book, and by the way he's looking right now tells me that I know EXACTLY what he's thinking. He told me that I might be right and gives me a little grin. I told him to fess up, so he gives in and tells me that he found what he thinks is his Christmas gift. My heart weeped with sadness, but I knew it was my fault for not getting it in a moving box and wrapped up earlier.

So, I told Tyson to go ahead and get it out of the car since it was no longer a surprise. He did, and he looked like the happiest little schoolboy in the 3rd grade. I got him an XBox 360 with the ever so popular Modern Warfare game........very geeky. Good GOD that whole thing was expensive, but I knew he has wanted it for a couple years now, so I got it for him. Also, it was sort of a treat to me because I felt good knowing I could afford it and get it for him. You should have seen me walking through Best Buy aimlessly because I had NO CLUE what I was looking for. I kind of got treated like I was a ditzy airhead by one of the workers when I asked him questions, but I wouldn't blame him because here I was prancing through Best Buy in my heels and with my Louis inquiring about a video game console, and asking questions that I knew made me look like an airhead. I don't think this employee could take me seriously....ha!

Tyson told me that he would give me my gift now, but I told him that I still wanted to wait for Christmas. Besides, I already know what part of my gift is because he came straight out and said, "How much money do you want so you can go shopping?" I also knew this was going to be one of his gifts, becuse both him and my family give me money and gift cards every Christmas to go shopping.....and Lord knows I LOVE SHOPPING! But, I DO know Tyson got me something else. I don't know what it is, and I intend it to be that way until Christmas.

Now on to other updates! I'm currently on Christmas Break. TWO WEEKS! YAY! I'm still loving my job, not just for the vacation reasons, but because I love my kiddos, and I love the positive influence I have on them. Tyson is thinking about going back to school so he can make more of himself than just being a street cop for the rest of his life. He loves law enforcement, but he wants to go further in his career with it. I say more power to him!

Tyson has a five day Christmas vacation this upcoming week, and I'm excited. We will be staying in town this Christmas because it is very difficult for me to travel in a car with my IC. The vibrations of the car cause me to have very uncomfortable pelvic pain. I am actually very excited to stay in town for Christmas. This will be the first year in a LONG time I've spent Christmas with my family. Hugh and Nancy (Tyson's parents) are making a one day trip this upcoming Wednesday to visit with us for a little while since we can't go up to San Antonio for Christmas, so that is nice.

As for the update on my Interstitial Cystitis, I'm still making progress. The day before Thanksgiving, I added another med to my treatment, and that has seemed to take my symptoms down another notch. I'm still not symptom free, but I'm remaining optimistic that we will knock this disease, condition, illness, syndrome (whatever you'd like to call it) off of its tracks really soon. This thing is such a pain in the a**, and it still leaves me dumbfounded, wondering what happened to my poor body to cause me this much discomfort, pain , and grief. I would never wish this on anybody. It's horrible. But, Tyson and I are happy that I'm making progress. I can now lie on the couch and watch T.V. for a little while, and it makes me so happy that I can finally do that without discomfort or pain! I also discovered that I can eat white chocolate and peppermints, so I'm again very happy. It's sad when being able to lie down comfortably and eat peppermints without pain is the highlight of my life!

I hope this Christmas finds everyone happy and healthy. Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Nicole Rodriguez said...

Hey Girl! Glad to hear you are feeling better! Great gift - Roy and Aidan each have their own! HA! Hope y'all have a great Christmas!