Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone! I hope every gets.....or got (if you're reading this later) a lot of candy! I know I did at school yesterday! JEEEEEEEZ......the kiddos LOVE to bring me candy. I wish I could eat it, but, of course, I don't have the bladder health right now to even try a piece, so I brought my large bag full of candy home for Tyson to enjoy. I think he could get used to my career choice. Lots of gifts and food that I can bring home. I told him to just wait until Christmas!

School is going SO well. I'm having so much fun and I just absolutely LOVE my job. It's SO different from any other job, and I don't think anyone could understand it unless they were or are a teacher for themselves......who have or had the passion to teach of course. Now, if you don't have the passion.....you will not like the job. But I do! And I LOVE going to work every day. I love my kids, I love my school, and my principal is AWESOME!

Onto health for both Tyson and me. I'm still happy to report that things are SLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWLLLLLYYYY getting better..........HOWEVER.......I STILL feel uncomfortable, and I still don't feel normal. It's still having a negative effect on me. But, I say I'm better because the pain has gone from severe to mild now, and my urgency and frequency has tapered off a bit. I'm still on my VERY RESTRICTED diet which is KILLING ME right now because I would give anything to have a piece of chocolate, a piece of pizza.....or just to be able to go on dinner dates with my husband for goodness sake!!!! Also, go out to eat with friends......MEXICAN FOOD!!!! Ughhh!!!! And fruit...............OH HOW I LOVED FRUIT before this STUPID disease decided to haunt me. Now I can't have a bite of ANYTHING. I am so young, and I feel so robbed of enjoying all of life's simple pleasures. The one thing that this has taught me is to NEVER take my health for granted EVER again. Again......I will not settle for less! My goal is to feel COMPLETELY asymptomatic, get back into my full workout routines again (oh how I miss my gym time!), and be able to eat and drink anything and everything with absolutely no problems. Basically, my goal is to get my pre-IC life back where I was feeling great and living carefree. And I will have alllllllllll of this sooner than later! This is what I look forward to.

As far as Tyson, I don't know what's been up with him lately, but he's starting to get back into taking his Irritable Bowel Syndrome a little more seriously. He's started to really focus on his diet, and take supplements to help him. When he first got this, he tried to figure out what to do. When medicines weren't working, he gave up on treating his IBS and decided to live with it. A year later, he's back to taking it a little more seriously because he's finally realized what a damper it puts on his lifestyle. I don't know what' gotten into him, but I'm VERY happy he's trying to get this under more control. I was VERY unhappy when he just decided to give up a year ago. Now, since he's on this roll...I think he needs to find himself a new physician (Something I told him to do a year ago). He needs a second opinion on his treatment options. His physician reminds me of my old Uro.......Barely took the time to listen and showed a lack of concern or interest. I'm SO glad I found my new Uro....Dr. Corey. Him and his nurse practitioner have been a BLESSING....and they show SO much interest in my health, and it's obvious because I'm now on a treatment plan that is SLLLLOOOOOWWWWWWLY getting me to normal health. Now, if we can find Tyson a Dr. Corey of IBS, and get Tyson to have some patience with his treatment.......I think Tyson would be golden!

Anyways, I hope everyone else is in good health and enjoying this fall weather! Again, I will continue to keep everyone posted on my health......and now it seems Tyson's as well. Also, I will keep you posted on any other tid bits of anything exciting that is occurring in our lives.

No comments: