Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wedding Weather Worries!.....and 24th B-day...

AHHHH!!! I could just very well lose my mind right now. I've been checking the weather for our wedding day for a solid week/week and a half, and for that solid week/week and a half, it said that it had a 60% chance of showers on our wedding day. BOOOO!!! You can only imagine the STRESS I've been under, and over STUPID rain on my wedding day! THEN! Today, I check the weather.com thing again, and told me that it would be sunny with only a 10% chance of rain on my wedding day. I started to jump up and down like CRAZY thinking, "YES!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" Annnnnnnd.....the best part was that the chances of rain throughout the end of the wedding week were dwindling.

Well, then, like an overly worried and stressed bride, I checked the weather AGAIN tonight, and guess what it said..................60% SHOWERS!!!!!!!!!! And THEN, more rain throughout that night. Over the past couple of days, it said it would rain, but that it would fizzle out by the end of the night. BUT NO! Now, it says it will rain non-stop. I think I'm going to go nutty! Someone PLEASE make me feel better. I'm so sad right now.....and stressed on top of everything that will be going on, on the week of my wedding. I'm thinking I will have no hair to put up in an up-do on March 28th. UGH! So frustrating!!!!!!! Maybe I just need to stop looking at weather.com every day. But, then, that will drive me crazy not being able to check it.

On a good note, Tyson and I got our marriage license today! Yay!!! It's becoming more and more real. I know I say that a lot........BUT IT IS! :) Also, another good note....TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY!!! YAY!!! I'm turning 24, and I can't believe it! Tomorrow night, Tyson and I will be heading to my parents to have a birthday BBQ for me. My whole family from Michigan is in town, so, about 9 of us will be there to celebrate my birthday! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see my Uncle Don and my dad hanging out together. It's going to be soooooo funny. And, Uncle Don, if you're reading this.....I CAN'T WAIT to see you two together again. It's entertainment!

Well, I'm off to go de-stress. I'll keep updating everyone on my weather worries! Yikes!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Ok...the first thing you need to do is realize that nothing is ever perfect. The more you accept this fact, the calmer you will be. When Mark and I began our wedding planning, we made this our mantra "no one ever has fun at 'perfect weddings', so if ours isn't 'perfect' then is will be the best night of our lives".

No one can control the weather (unless they are in some comic book in which they have built some crazy contraption that changes the winds...but that will never happen, so fagetaboutit!) Worrying about something that you can't control is completely unproductive. All you are doing is getting yourself worked up and not solving anything.

You're in the last stretch. Now just relax and try to focus on the positive. There is a BEAUuuutiful chapel on the grounds...the location is perfect for indoor shots...there are big windows, spiral staircases, etc. Plus you're shoes/dress won't get covered with dirt like mine did if you're walking inside all day! You will make yourself crazy (and bring Tyson along with you) if you keep up this worrying about things that are out of everyone's control. Trust me on this...if you concentrate on the negatives (no matter how small they may be) it will ruin your wedding day. Just accept that there will be things that go wrong, and probably no one will notice, and if they do notice, you can deal with it in two ways:
-you can freak out about it and make yourself and everyone uncomfortable, OR
-you can accept it for what it is and laugh about it...make it a great memory that you can tell to your children.

For example...at our wedding I forgot the garter, so we found a candy necklace from my bachelorette party and threw that!
The reception site couldn't find our toasting flutes, so we used their flutes...no one noticed.
The park we took our pictures in was all grass and it had been raining in the days prior, so my shoes kept sinking into the ground and to this day they are stained brown (guess what...no one noticed!). Mark hyperextended his knee trying to do that silly Russian Dance (it made for some great pictures though!).

Your wedding will be beautiful and fun because you are beautiful and fun people. You just need to remember that about yourself and keep your head on straight. It will be over before you know it, and you won't even understand why you were worried in the first place.

And anyway...rain on your wedding day is supposed to be good luck!

Lauren said...

Just so you know (although I'm sure you know already). I have been praying all week for good weather, and I just checked weather.com......0% chance of rain on the 28th!!!!!